What can you tell me about the Death Star?

Discussion of the Open Database, its mission, how to recruit editors and contributors, any on-going problems, and any other matters relating to Starfleet Jedi's resident wiki.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

What can you tell me about the Death Star?

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:56 pm

If you can tell me anything, you should probably edit this article.

I'm thinking there's a lot worth saying. Maybe even several supplementary articles' worth.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm

All I can think of is particularily related to the superlaser.

That said, do you want pure copycat of canon and/or official data, or do you allow, assuming some specific text colouration or else, people's own input and comments on such data?

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:46 pm

We should mention that it has the superpower of changing its shape because it should be a sphere and it doesn't want to be.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:All I can think of is particularily related to the superlaser.

That said, do you want pure copycat of canon and/or official data, or do you allow, assuming some specific text colouration or else, people's own input and comments on such data?
OR (original research) is permissible, although great detail on the superlaser might best be placed in a superlaser article.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:54 pm

In think in interest of fairness, the article ought to include a balanced presentation with regards to the superlaser concerning the arguments for and against the Death Stars using DET or CR.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:53 pm

In interest of even more fairness, I think it uses both.
DET to initiate, CR to finish off with overkill. :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:56 am

Well, actually that's the third possbility that the EU Death Star novel now states is what the battlestation's superlaser does, and should be mentioned accordingly under the "offcial" explanations. The other two are more fanon than canon. :-)
-Mike