"The long Journey" (a Shadowrun crossover with everything)

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: "The long Journey" (a Shadowrun crossover with everythi

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeah, that's what two-bit Jedi tend to do... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Yeah, that's what two-bit Jedi tend to do... :)

To some Taris is just another hive of scum and villainy. An impossibly labyrinthine jungle of soulless ferrocrete and iron, of corruption and decadence, where the only rule for survival is for the strong to prey on the weak. But James Reynolds, loose cannon Jedi, has always played by his own rules. He’s Taris’s salvation, its avenging Angel, but to the denizens of the underworld, from the lowliest thug to the kingpin Davik, he is the law in a world without. He is… the Cowboy Jedi-
coming to holo-theaters summer of 3,955 BBY

Sorry couldn't help myself. ;)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 pm

That was funny!

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

I was in a rut, but have started to write again...

Next chapter should be out this week if RL permits...

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Really short one, but I couldn't continue on because of the dramatic effect...
Hope you guys like it...

Chapter 83

He was floating in a sea of nothingness, his mind racing from memory to memory, never standing still long enough for him to know what each memory was about.
He felt as if he was watching an old Trideo series on fast-forward, everything a blur, the sounds getting mixed-up with the images, his conscious mind unable to make heads or tails of the fleeting thoughts.
His senses were numb, with an absence of stimuli isolating him in a void of existence, where the barest whisper of consciousness kept trying to take hold on a solid sensation yet failing every time.
A name kept running around his mind, a name he had yet to successfully grasp.
He knew not how he knew the fleeting thought to be a name, yet his mind clearly told it was such.
Its importance unknown, he wondered for a while at the reason for its presence in his mind.
Every time the name came back within range of his consciousness’s grasp, he felt tiny jolts coursing through him, becoming more powerful at every one or its passage.
Using every ounce of will he possessed, he brought his mind’s attention fully on the name as it was zipping by once more.
In a herculean effort, his mind froze the name as it tried to escape his mental grasp, his mind as an iron vice clamped on the name.
The jolts created by the passing name were now replaced with a powerful shock, bringing life back in his forgotten senses.
His mind, having to deal only with one name, became flooded with multiple signals, unable to comprehend what it was sensing, unable to distinguish between sound and images, mixing taste with touch, almost overloading from the ever growing influx of signals.
But his mind was powerful, as powerful as his body if fleeting memories were any indications, and it eventually mastered the signals it received, processing them ever more efficiently, until all his senses were interpreted as they should.
He knew he was floating in some viscous liquid, fully immersed, breathing through a regulator.
The liquid he was in was clear, yet its visquosity made any images seen from within blurry, difficult to distinguish properly.
As he concentrated to better see his surroundings, something transparent covered his eyes, some sort of protective lenses, yet he knew he wasn’t wearing any protective eyewear that could do that.
This meant the lenses had to come from his body.
A distant memory, floating near his conscious mind, told him this was normal for him, and so he didn’t pay it further attention.
The lenses had the effect of clearing up the images his eyes were seeing, and so he saw he was in some sort of a tank, located in what looked like a laboratory, his memories telling him it was most certainly a medical laboratory.
Two men were there, standing in front of him, looking worried.
One was tall and athletic, while the other one was smaller, yet he exuded authority unmatched by the taller man.
The taller man’s mouth was moving as if he was saying something to him, and every time it moved, the fleeting name came back in his head.
The name was revealed to him as “Tharnok”, ringing deeply in recognition, yet foreign at the same time.
This let him understand the other man, clearly addressing him, knew him.
It also meant his name was Tharnok.
Understanding shed some light, although the feeling of elation he would have expected at finding himself did not come.
The taller man kept talking, and Tharnok turned towards him.
A smile appeared on the taller man’s face.

“Well, I’m glad to see you’re conscious.” The man told him.
“You’ve been out of it for the last day.” He added.

He understood instinctively that he could answer the man, his regulator mask most likely possessing a built-in microphone.

“Who are you?” He asked the taller man, his words creating a mask of horror on the man’s face.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 pm

And here Davik('s men)come the closets to defeating James the Celestial Champion. Not that it will stop "Tharnok" from twisting his head off like a screwjar but even bad arse Obould Many-Arrows, king of the Orcs, failed to do even that much. So Davik should be proud.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu May 09, 2013 6:33 pm

How can you have writers block when we finally find someone other than Riddik who can do this?!

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, the story itself keeps moving in my head, for example I know pretty much how the main fight against Lord Malak will play out (still a long way from there, but eh), and I have bits and pieces of the story mapped out, but RL, in the form of two plays I've been rehearsing, plus our Hip Hop choreography, has pretty much prevented my brains from sending the story to my hands so I could type it...

Hopefully, the story should resume in a few weeks...

:)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu May 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Well, the story itself keeps moving in my head, for example I know pretty much how the main fight against Lord Malak will play out (still a long way from there, but eh), and I have bits and pieces of the story mapped out, but RL, in the form of two plays I've been rehearsing, plus our Hip Hop choreography, has pretty much prevented my brains from sending the story to my hands so I could type it...

Hopefully, the story should resume in a few weeks...

a Canadian rapper who's also an actor

Preao you have hidden depths my friend also are you Tom Green? If so, getting with Drew Barrymore was being with all that crazy really worth it? :p

James is gonna fight Darth Malak? Ohhhh crappp

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu May 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote: a Canadian rapper who's also an actor

Preao you have hidden depths my friend also are you Tom Green? If so, getting with Drew Barrymore was being with all that crazy really worth it? :p
Yo yo yo yo!
No I certain' ain't beatin it, my mouth ain't wordin' it,
I only move a bit to it, and try not to stink at it,
But a Hip Hop star is far, for my rythm is sub-par,
I move my hips, while countin' on my lips,
For my feet can't follow beat, an' I sure am well too deep!
Yo yo yo yo!
Respec'!

Seriously though, Tom Green I ain't, 'cause people tell me I'm a talented actor (sorry if you liked him)... ;)
James is gonna fight Darth Malak? Ohhhh crappp
What else can happen when a superhuman goodie-two-shoes, vanquisher of evil, finds himself in a Galaxy cowed under a Sith Lord's rule? :)

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri May 10, 2013 12:02 am

Oh, and here's a teaser for Malak vs James:
As the glowing edge of the Sith Lord's energy sword passed inches from the retreating head of James Reynolds, the Sith-Slayer, he wondered once more at the wisdom of facing off with a man capable of matching his speed and strength and who'se battle prowess seemed to allow him to anticipate each of James's moves before he could perform them.
His last weapon in ruins, cleaved in half more than an hour ago by the Sith Lord's Lightsabre, had forced the big human to be on the defensive constantly, transforming what should have been the slaying of an opressor, the liberation of a Galaxy, into a battle for his life.
Hope this titillates you enough... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 am

Praeothmin wrote:Oh, and here's a teaser for Malak vs James:
As the glowing edge of the Sith Lord's energy sword passed inches from the retreating head of James Reynolds, the Sith-Slayer, he wondered once more at the wisdom of facing off with a man capable of matching his speed and strength and who'se battle prowess seemed to allow him to anticipate each of James's moves before he could perform them.
His last weapon in ruins, cleaved in half more than an hour ago by the Sith Lord's Lightsabre, had forced the big human to be on the defensive constantly, transforming what should have been the slaying of an opressor, the liberation of a Galaxy, into a battle for his life.
Hope this titillates you enough... :)
MOAR!!!! or I kill Im'pec!

kidding..I'd never do that..maybe

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Good news:
I should resume writing next week, the plays and dance shows behind me...

Bad news:
My excellent IT department at work declared this site as a gaming site, so per company policy, has now blocked it, so my appearances here will from now on be very sporadic... :(

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:09 am

ahhh crap! How do you plan on getting around that?

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 am

I can't, even the guest accounts (which I can access via my IPod) have the site blocked... :(

So my only access will be from home from now on...