Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: Fluid Power Evangelion, Book I

Post by sonofccn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Sweet. I have to say whatever the hell a Myrddraal is it sounds creepy as all get out.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Trust me, I haven't even begun to cover what makes Trollocs and Myrddraal scary.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

And you think the current situation is scary, just wait until some of the other threats arrive, especially the FPE-ized Angels.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Stop promising and start delivering, or we'll call you the KSW/SWST hybrid of the Fanfic section... ;)

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Now that was uncalled for!
>:(

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Sorry, but your Fic is excellent and we are Fic deprived... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 am

he has a point khas I mean even when I have zero energy I at least feed you guys shitty brief fillers

but maaan give us awesome

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 am

Chapter Eight

"You're joking." Mat said. Misato simply shook her head. "You're serious? You're telling me that that little girl is the pilot of the Evangelion?"

"That's right." Misato replied. "In fact, you should probably thank her." Mat looked at Misato for a second, before walking over to the table where Rei sat. He pulled up a chair across from the blue-haired girl, and sat down, before turning to face her.

*cue Ayanami Rei*

"Hey, uh, thanks." Mat said. "Ya know, for saving our village."

"Why?" Rei asked, her voice almost a whisper.

"Wha... what?" Mat asked, understandably confused. "It's just... well... you..."

"Why are you thanking me for saving a village, when I didn't? Emond's Field was destroyed in the battle."

"Because you just saved all our lives. Sure, the buildings are gone, but we're all here, thanks to you."

"No, you aren't." Rei replied. "Many villagers died in the Trolloc attack. I did not save the whole village."

Mat stood dumbfounded. He had seen many things before in his life, and had heard the stories told by wandering Gleemen, Ferengi merchants, Space Wolf recruiters, and all other sorts of unusual people who had come into Emond's Field over the years. Not to mention the recent battle with the Trollocs. But nothing could prepare him for Rei Ayanami. Here was a 14-year-old girl who spoke just louder than a whisper, had naturally blue hair, and would refuse to take credit for saving the village, in a bizzare mix of literalism and self-denial.

"Well then, thanks for saving those of us who you could." Rei looked at Mat, locking eyes with him for a few seconds, before turning back to window, gazing at the starfield. Mat walked away, shuddering. "What the hell is wrong with that girl?" He asked. Rand and Perrin exchanged a brief glance, wondering exactly the same thing. Misato sighed.

"You knew that would happen, didn't you?" Rand asked.

"Not fully." Misato replied.

"What do you mean, 'not fully'?"

"Well, you see, Rei's always been a bit... um..."

"Cold?" Mat asked. Rand punched him in the arm.

"Distant." Misato finished. "But lately she's been opening up. A little." Rand, Mat, and Perrin exchanged glances, before looking right at Misato.

"She's been opening up?" Mat asked, incredulous. "What was she like before opening up?"

"Look, can we talk about this later?" Misato asked. "There are more impor-"

"Sickbay to Rand al'Thor." A masculine voice said over the intercom.

"Rand here." Rand said, pressing the combadge that had been issued to him when he was brought aboard Voyager.

"Come here immediately. You're father has begun to talk about things concerning you. Things you should hear."

"I'm on my way." Rand said, nearly bolting out the door of the galley, and into a turbolift. "Sickbay." He told the turbolift's computer.

"So," Mat began. "Where exactly are we going?"

"Sarceron." Misato replied.

"Sarceron?" Mat asked. "What's there?"

"We're going to Sarceron to pick up another person, and after that, Earth."

Rand rushed into the sickbay to find a bald man running medical scans over his father. The man turned to face him.

"Ah, Rand. Just in time." From the way he talked, Rand could tell that it was urgent. "Come over here." Rand walked over towards Tam, who lay halfway unconscious on the biobed. "He just started talking two minutes ago, mentioning stuff to someone named 'Kari'. Do you have any idea who that is?"

Rand shot up to face the doctor.

"Kari... that was my mother's name." He said.

"Well, that certainly does explain a lot."

"Dragonmount." Tam began. "On Dragonmount, just after the battle... One of the corpses... a woman. Just gave birth. Baby... boy. Couldn't let him die. Brought him home... just after you got back from working at Gehirn. What do you think Kari? We always wanted a son. Name him... Rand."

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Very nice, and about damn time too! ;-)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll check the clip when I get back from work but dang that blue haired girl is...odd. Is it too much of a kneejerk and "primitive" of me to want to shout "burn the witch"?

Also good to see you updating again.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeah, Rei has that effect on most people.

So, how would you like to live in the FPE universe? It's got Species 8472, Myrddraal, and Rei Ayanami in it. Any universe with that combination is bound to be a fun one to live in!
[/sarcasm]

And believe me, more's going to be coming!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:13 am

Chapter Nine

Captain's Log, Supplemental. We are currently en route to Sarceron to pick up the third candidate for Project E, Shinji Ikari. Hopefully, we won't have a repeat of what happened when retrieving Mister al'Thor.

"End log." Janeway said, raising the mug of coffee to her mouth. Swallowing the hot drink, she began to reflect on the past few hours.

First the Trollocs return, then we're forced to deploy Unit-00 ahead of schedule, and now we're carrying a whole village worth of displaced people. She rubbed her temples. AND we're picking up Ikari's estranged son. Well, it's hard to see how this day could get worse. Then the doorbell chimed.

"Enter." Janeway said. The door opened to reveal Misato standing at the entrance. The younger woman walked in, stepping towards Janeway, before stopping in the middle of the office. "Colonel." Janeway asked. "What brings you here?"

"It's about the ground mission." Misato began. "I was supposed to just go down, get Rand, inform him and his father about why he was needed, and bring him back up here. Instead, the Trollocs chose that day to arrive, and it just became one big..." She paused for a few seconds. "One big clusterfuck." Janeway chuckled.

"I know how you feel, Colonel. I've been thinking about that myself." Janeway said, turning to face the starfield. She quickly turned back to Misato. "Did I ever tell you I fought at Ultima Thule?"

"Wha- no." Misato replied. Janeway smiled.

"I was a science officer on board the Al-Batani at the time. I took part in the ground invasion to drive off the Trollocs there." Misato looked at Janeway, utterly surprised. Everyone knew of the Battle of Ultima Thule, the turning point in the Trolloc War, where the combined forces of the United Nations Star League, Breen Confederacy, Tau Empire, Free Jaffa Nation, Bajoran Republic, Ferengi Alliance, and Caitian Confederation clashed with the Trollocs who had brutally occupied the planet. It was during this battle, that the occupying Trolloc forces were almost completely wiped out, and more then fifteen hundred Trolloc vessels destroyed. After that point, the Trollocs never again went on the offensive. Janeway reached into her drawer, and pulled out something.

"What is that?" Misato asked.

"A patch, given to those who fought at Ultima Thule."

Misato looked closer. The image was that of an Excelsior-class starship, under which read: "UNSS Al-Batani: NCC-42995. Battle of Ultima Thule, October 26, 2364. 'Dedicated To Those Whose Efforts And Valor Broke The Trolloc Lines'."

"I never knew..." Misato began. "That must have been hell fighting them."

"You don't know the half of it."

Without warning, a voice came through over the intercom.

"Cavit to Captain Janeway." The voice began. Janeway pressed a button on her desk.

"Go ahead, Commander."

"Captain, we're approaching Sarceron now. You and Colonel Katsuragi might want to get ready."

"On my way." Janeway said. "You should be getting ready too."

"Right, sorry." Misato said, before walking out of the room, across the bridge, and into the turbolift. "Transporter room."

Shinji Ikari had waited at Kepler City Spaceport for over an hour. Sitting on one of the benches, with his suitcase and boxes by his side, he had very nearly fallen asleep at least once, out of the boredom brought on by waiting for his starship's arrival. Turning on the holo-image projector again, an image of the woman he was waiting for materialized. Colonel Misato Katsuragi, although, judging by her outfit in the photo, one would never guess that she was a colonel. Clad in a very small yellow T-shirt, jean shorts that would have been known to 21st Century humans as "Daisy Dukes", and holding an ice cream cone, she seemed more like a college student on Spring Break then a military officer.

It was at that instant, that Shinji spotted something out of the corner of his eye. Turning around, the fourteen-year-old boy found himself looking at a girl about his age standing off in the distance. She was wearing a short-sleeved white shirt, and a knee-length teal skirt. Then he noticed that her hair was blue.

What, that can't be right! He thought. After shaking his head and blinking a few times, he turned back to face towards the girl again, only to find that she had disappeared. "Great. Now I'm seeing things." He said. Then he noticed a light coming from behind him. He turned around, just as the light faded, to find himself facing the same woman from the holophoto.

"Hi there. Sorry I'm late!" She said. Shinji nearly fell backwards in surprise.

"C-Colonel Katsuragi!" He nearly yelled, and shut off the holo-projector, reaching around to grab his suitcase.

"Oh, please, it's Misato." She said. "And I guess you prefer Shinji to "Mr. Ikari"."

"Um, yeah." Shinji said, nearly blushing. Good, she's willing to talk on a first-name basis. That means I won't have to deal with some jackboot officer. He thought.

"So, ready to go?" Misato asked.

"Uh, yeah, just let me get all my stuff ready." He said, grabbing his suitcase and boxes. "So, what platform are we going to?"

"Oh, we're not going to any platform." Misato said.

"We aren't? Then how are..."

"Katsuragi to Voyager, two to beam up." Misato said, as she pressed her commbadge. In an instant, Shinji, Misato, and Shinji's luggage all disappeared in a shimmer of light.

Only to reappear on a transporter platform on a starship orbiting Sarceron. "Well, Shinji." Misato began. "Welcome to the UNSS Voyager." Shinji looked around, impressed.

"You came on a Starfleet vessel?" Shinji asked.

"Yep. What, you thought I was going to come on some freighter?"

"No, I just..." Shinji never got to finish his sentence, as the turbolift opened without warning. Stepping out of it was a blue-haired fourteen-year-old girl, wearing a white T-shirt and a teal knee-length dress.

"Oh. Hi Rei." Misato said.

"Rei?"

"Rei Ayanami. You'll get to meet her better later."

Shinji didn't hear a word after "Ayanami". He felt his jaw begin to drop, and his pupils contract. For there, standing in front of him, was the girl from the spaceport.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Interesting...

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:24 pm

For the record, the spaceport scene is largely based off of the first 60 seconds in this scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YFIAVsMNws

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Burn the witch! ;)

Other than that I'll have to steal from Preao and say "interesting".