N D A A

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

N D A A

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 pm

= Firsts Amendments on toilet roll.

Bush, Obama, same game.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: N D A A

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:= Firsts Amendments on toilet roll.

Bush, Obama, same game.
W T F is going on with the USA.

How the fuck do they think they can get away with that shit, carte Blanche on fucking detainment of a citizen in any country in the world they have the means and not limited to those under armed conflict like in the laws of war.

That is fucked up from any country but the fucking USA.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 am

Something like it - and much more extreme - has happened before. John Adams, the second president, declared it illegal to so much as criticize the U.S. Government.

And this is why I'll probably never vote either Democrat or Republican. The only difference between those two parties is which special interest groups they're on the payroll of.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Do not misunderstand me i am for the war on terror and for secular governments all the way (even though i live in the UK where the head of state and church are the same person the truth is we do not take it seriously lol) but the war on terror and the fight for a government free from religious bias should not include this sort of behaviour.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

If you're for war on terror, try finding a way to make US weapons manufacturers and oil companies come to senses instead of joining US/UK troops in chasing nonexistent terrorists and Afghan/Iraqi freedom fighters.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Picard wrote:If you're for war on terror, try finding a way to make US weapons manufacturers and oil companies come to senses instead of joining US/UK troops in chasing nonexistent terrorists and Afghan/Iraqi freedom fighters.
If secular governments and social ideas of that ilk are going to be implemented they are going to initially need military aid.

Now that is not a justification for some of the actions or how they are going about it but under the circumstances military aid is going to be a necessity if theocratic terrorists are going to be defended against and dealt with.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Theocratic terrorists ?
I found that those who generate the most terror in the world these days are hyper liberals, the US, their allies, their big friend and money suckers the zionist state in Palestine, China communists, and shits like that.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Theocratic terrorists ?
I found that those who generate the most terror in the world these days are hyper liberals, the US, their allies, their big friend and money suckers the zionist state in Palestine, China communists, and shits like that.
Any position that is taken to the extreme and favors some over others for any reasons is going to cause trouble. Historically religious groups have been the ones doing this but i agree that extreme political positions are just as bad, Mao and Stalin are examples of this.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Picard wrote:If you're for war on terror, try finding a way to make US weapons manufacturers and oil companies come to senses instead of joining US/UK troops in chasing nonexistent terrorists and Afghan/Iraqi freedom fighters.
If secular governments and social ideas of that ilk are going to be implemented they are going to initially need military aid.

Now that is not a justification for some of the actions or how they are going about it but under the circumstances military aid is going to be a necessity if theocratic terrorists are going to be defended against and dealt with.
Problem I have with that is that many so-called "terrorists" in Afghanistan and Iraq are simply defending their country against US agression, and extremism is generally more often symptom than a cause.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Picard wrote:
Problem I have with that is that many so-called "terrorists" in Afghanistan and Iraq are simply defending their country against US aggression, and extremism is generally more often symptom than a cause.
The average german soldier was doing the same not so long ago.

I agree it is a difficult situation but i see no option where the military does not need to be involved at some level due to the circumstances.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 pm

@Kor_Dahar_Master

Well I do thank you for making your distiction even if it appears to put you at odds with the others here.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 pm

sonofccn wrote:@Kor_Dahar_Master

Well I do thank you for making your distiction even if it appears to put you at odds with the others here.
I think all reasoning people want a end to extremist factions terrorizing people be they religious or purely political the only thing such individuals are at odds with is the method.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:53 am

Problem is that Taliban and other terrorists (at least those from Iraq and Afghanistan) are not a cause, they are a symptom of the cause. To remove a symptom, you have to remove a cause; that is, extreme neoliberalism and corporatism. Dealing with the symptom directly solves nothing in the long run, and often doesn't solve anything in the short run either, and may ultimately be counterproductive.