Star Wars and Star Trek Roleplay: Would Like Reviews

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Star Wars and Star Trek Roleplay: Would Like Reviews

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:58 am

Here's a link to a version of the Galactic Empire I have been working on. A link to it's article, actually: http://fanon.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Em ... _Universe)

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Re: Star Wars and Star Trek Roleplay: Would Like Reviews

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:31 am

Is anybody going to post on here?

Nowhereman10
Bridge Officer

Post by Nowhereman10 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:07 am

Calm down, it's late at night. There's a lot to read through, most of it looks like it was taken from Wookiepedia, plus I don't see anything yet that looks like RPing, or any kind of rules system, just a rough description of a possible setting.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:18 am

Nowhereman10 wrote:Calm down, it's late at night. There's a lot to read through, most of it looks like it was taken from Wookiepedia, plus I don't see anything yet that looks like RPing, or any kind of rules system, just a rough description of a possible setting.
I have based it off Star Wars, in some areas. But it's not taken all from Wookieepedia. Much of it I wrote myself, or modified extensively. And it's meant to be more of a enclyopedic article, not a roleplaying story.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:02 am

I have to agree with Nowhereman. This come off as a clumsy cut-and-paste article. Plus if you did not intend it for roleplaying, then why does the subject title of your topic have that in it? No rules, nothing but a ludicrously wanked out SW Galactic Empire. It's more like you're trying to get approval for your fan fiction, rather than get feedback for an RP.

Really, the whole thing isn't so much SW vs ST as much as it is you crowing about how Trek and presumably other franchise powers were easily and totally crushed by the Empire, and how resistance to it is little more than token at best.

So what's your real motivation for writing this?
-Mike

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:44 am

Heres a hint; extremely lop-sided stories are boring. Unless your a total wanker no one wants to read something like that because an interesting story benefits from difficult conflict.

That goes double for an RPG. Unless your players are tools or loot fetishists their going to get bored very quickly.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:I have to agree with Nowhereman. This come off as a clumsy cut-and-paste article. Plus if you did not intend it for roleplaying, then why does the subject title of your topic have that in it? No rules, nothing but a ludicrously wanked out SW Galactic Empire. It's more like you're trying to get approval for your fan fiction, rather than get feedback for an RP.

Really, the whole thing isn't so much SW vs ST as much as it is you crowing about how Trek and presumably other franchise powers were easily and totally crushed by the Empire, and how resistance to it is little more than token at best.

-Mike
Well, I must answer what you said. For one, I did not simply "copy and paste" to create my article. I did take some bits from the existing article at Wookieepedia on the Empire, but much of the article I created or extensively modified.

And also, this is based off a Universe which is divided into "dimensions". A dimension is basically based on a comic book, regular book, television show, television commerical, video game, computer game, or movie. Star Wars and Star Trek are both dimensions in this one, and are both accepted equals in standing, respect, and technology. I am having the Galactic Empire rule over them as cruel and brutal as it is in the real SW timeline, except on a more "universal" level.

User1662
Redshirt

Post by User1662 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:
Mike DiCenso wrote:I have to agree with Nowhereman. This come off as a clumsy cut-and-paste article. Plus if you did not intend it for roleplaying, then why does the subject title of your topic have that in it? No rules, nothing but a ludicrously wanked out SW Galactic Empire. It's more like you're trying to get approval for your fan fiction, rather than get feedback for an RP.

-Mike
Well, I must answer what you said. For one, I did not simply "copy and paste" to create my article. I did take some bits from the existing article at Wookieepedia on the Empire, but much of the article I created or extensively modified.

And also, this is based off a Universe which is divided into "dimensions". A dimension is basically based on a comic book, regular book, television show, television commerical, video game, computer game, or movie. Star Wars and Star Trek are both dimensions in this one, and are both accepted equals in standing, respect, and technology. I am having the Galactic Empire rule over them as cruel and brutal as it is in the real SW timeline, except on a more "universal" level.
This may be a necro but I really, really hate Star Wars wank which is exactly what this crap is.

Star Wars dominate not just their universe but others, I mean WTF!

User1662
Redshirt

Post by User1662 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Youngla0450 wrote:

-Mike

This may be a necro but this is complete Star Wars wank of the highest magnitude. The Star Wars galaxy can barely govern itself, and has been that way for thousands of years - let alone control the Star Trek Galaxy and countless others.

This is pure crap!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:05 pm

instead of reviving troll threads read the newer fanfics..presumably we aren't producing raw fail. KIIDDING I agree this is one huge pile of shit.

Multiversal star wars It's the kind of drowned in wank nonsense no one cares for