General Warning Tally for users...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Okay, I take a couple days off to enjoy my weekend and I come back to this.

Frankly speaking, I'm pretty disappointed in all of you. Despite having issued having issued SWST two warnings in less than a week (actually three, but I had to remove one because SWST did link to the Star Wars Databank entry he was refering to which is as he quoted) you people go all kinds of nuts.

Mojo, you've been trolling since practically day one, and you think you're some kind of internet hero for doing what you are, you've accomplished nothing constructive except to pull my attentions and that of the SFJN staff away from the very user you want us to deal with and focus it on your immature shannigans.

This is what you want, fine, you've got it.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 6:20 pm

The likely Mojo sockpuppet known as St4rW4rsSt4rTr3k is banned, if said sock is indeed confimed to be Mojo's, he will have the sock's punishment added to his own.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Mojo is issued a warning for inflammatory remarks in the "List of expanded universe sources incompatible with ICS" directed at myself. This is not the first time Mojo has done this in this forum to other users. More warnings and a ban may be issued to Mojo as I go through his posts from over the last 24 hours.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Mojo is issued a second warning for insults in the "Why even pretend?" thread.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Admiral Breetai is issued his third warning for egging Mojo on in the "Why even pretend?" thread. One more warning and he will be banned for at least a day.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Scratch that, I'm removing the one warning from Admiral Breetai since he has explained his actions in the refered to thread. I am going to give everyone the same advice I have him.

Don't get involved with Mojo or anyone else, just PM a mod or JMS. Getting into silly flame wars and what-have-you only makes more work for us, and you may wind up getting into trouble while we sort the mess out as I am having to do right now.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 am

Ever notice how it wasn't until KSW and SWST came along that we started having these problems? I mean, this was a calm and polite board, but ever since they showed up, I've seen a shitstorm of trolling, vitriol, intellectual dishonesty, willfull ignorance, and all around unpleasantness walloping this board. Looking back on the history of the board, I can't say I've ever seen a time when there were warnings, sockpuppetry, bans, and other headache-inducers here.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

I agree with you in general Khas, but that still does not excuse the actions of some people on this board in reponse to KSW and SWST, that goes especially for Mojo and his various sock puppet accounts.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 pm

By his own admission, Mojo is indeed, as most people thought, behind the recent obscene spammings in several threads using the "St4rW4rsSt4rTr3k" sock puppet account, which was also banned. As a result, not only is Mojo banned, but he is banned for a a full week since this is not the first time he has done anything like this having been under several previous sock puppets, and with his mojo account been conducting a wide range of violations of board rules.

If any additional violations are discovered, the ban may be extended at the staff's discretion.

If anyone thinks this is too harsh, feel free to bring the matter up to Jedi Master Spock or to Praeothmin.

Thank you.
-Mike

User1603
Candidate

Post by User1603 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:14 pm

i personally think it's well deserved!

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon May 23, 2011 8:49 pm

That reminds me, the other sock puppets of Mojo's will be also be banned for the same amount of time.

JMS has identified the following accounts using the same IP as mojo:

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight

notmojo

notMr. Oragahn

miniMr. Oragahn

Any further attempts to circumvent the ban will result in an increasing amount of time placed on the previous ban time.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Mon May 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Well, I can safely say that Airlocke isn't mojo. They admitted to being friends IRL, so it would be unfair to ban him because of mojo's actions.

User1622
Candidate

Post by User1622 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 am

yeah, that's chris boyer, not me.

User1622
Candidate

Post by User1622 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 am

he used to live with me, is the reason his original ip here on the board was the same as mine. he moved.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 am

maybe airlocke jedi deserves a second looksee then?