a request to fanfic experts

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

a request to fanfic experts

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 am

been looking around for some ST/SW fanfictions that aren't pro wars...where the feds are a credible threat..and its decently written

well that and for the sake of guilty pleasure any pro trek stomp fics that aren't god awful (or if they are..hilariously bad)

I find nothing...any place you guys can point me towards? any titles or links?

thanks

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: a request to fanfic experts

Post by sonofccn » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:44 am

Well may I humbly suggest my ancient attempt of putting quill to parchment? not what I would call decently written but I at least thought it had a little ugly charm.

Of course there is of course always Portal which isn't that bad of a story. A little stiff in my opinion and very one sided but there are worse ways to kill time.

Well that's all I could think of off the top my head, Pro Trek vesus tales seem rarer then hen's teeth, or an Ork with a sense of humor if I can borrow from Cain, at least that's how it seems to me.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:13 am

The Attack of the Cardassians was nicely done actually they suck enough that taking on an old republic ship like that is believable and it was yeah better then anything i could write

I feel like doing a Dominion vs Empire fic where they use bribery and kindness to dig in..before war..but my grammar is to atrocious that i fear for yalls safety

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:29 am

Starcrossed by Stravo on SDN.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm

The Dude wrote:Starcrossed by Stravo on SDN.
Hhhmmm, no...
While I read Starcrossed and liked it, I certainly didn't like it for it's fairness in the vs depiction.
Stravo has a very vivid writing style, and knows how to depict action.
But to read it, I had to ignore all the SW wank that was present in the story, like the sinlge Force user beating 100 Dahar Masters, ISDs pulverizing Borg Cubes left and right with little to no losses, etc, etc...
So no, while it is a very good Fanfic (and the cameos are really good and come up at the right time), it is certainly Pro-SW...

The best Fanfic I've read where the vs scenario was a lot more credible, IMO, was the Furryconflict one.
While you had to ignore the "furry" side of it, the story was interesting (while not Stravo's level of writing) and, while the Feds lost (Earth got DS'd), they lost because the Empire had too many ships, and WMDs that Starfleet couldn't match, even though the most advanced ships were matches to the Empire's one on one...

But that's just my opinion... :)

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:40 am

Admiral Breetai wrote:The Attack of the Cardassians was nicely done actually they suck enough that taking on an old republic ship like that is believable and it was yeah better then anything i could write
Hey, thanks!
Admiral Breetai wrote: I feel like doing a Dominion vs Empire fic where they use bribery and kindness to dig in..before war..but my grammar is to atrocious that i fear for yalls safety
I say go for it. I'd read it and I barely know what this here thing called grammar is so I'm effectivly immune to your worry.