Great War between the Empire and Federation-PLEASE READ

For stories, roleplaying, or any other creative literary projects.
Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Great War between the Empire and Federation-PLEASE READ

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Introduction
This is a scenario, on the GALACTIC EMPIRE, having crushed the Rebellion, encounters the UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS, through a wormhole. Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn, these figures are major Imperials. Major figures on the side of the Federation include Admiral Alynna Nechavev, Captain Jean Luc Picard, Commander Riker, Data, and those others.

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Chapter 1

Post by Youngla0450 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Chapter 1-Tarkin is informed
Grand Moff Willhuff Tarkin, Ruler of Oversector Outer, Commander of the Death Star, and one of the most powerful officials in the Empire, was at his throne-like chair, in the Death Star Conference Room. He was reading a report on the dissolution of what was left of the Rebellion. A small rebellion at that. They consisted of only Corellia, Alderaan, Chandrila, and some ships. How pitifully small!, Tarkin thought. With great effort, all the Rebellion's leadership had been murdered, and the organization was dissolved. Thanks to the efforts of Darth Vader. Tarkin yawned when he a officer walked in, and bowed.

"My lord? I have some very important news," the officer said, saluting and keeping his head low.

Moff Tarkin rose and said, in his Queen's English accent, "What is the report, Admiral?"

The officer bowed again and stated "A group of Star Destroyers in the Kessel system have discovered a wormhole, my lord. They immediately seized control. It has been discovered this wormhole links to another galaxy."

Tarkin looked at him and then said "Good news, Admiral. Have the Emperor and Lord Vader been informed?"

"Yes, my lord," the Admiral said.

"Good," Tarkin said. "Begin a study on the galaxy on the other-side of the wormhole. Set up stablization equipment and bring your findings to me,"

"Yes my lord," the Admiral said. He bowed and left slowly.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Great War between the Empire and Federation-PLEASE READ

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:17 am

This topic should be moved to the Stories and roleplaying section where it belongs.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Chapter 2

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:39 am

Immediately, the Imperials began work. The Galactic Empire dispatched several probe droids to the other side of the wormhole. Imperial ships were stationed on the other side, which was in the edges of Federation territory. The Empire also contacted merchants within the space of the new galaxy. These included the Ferengi and the Klingons.
Last edited by Youngla0450 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:This topic should be moved to the Stories and roleplaying section where it belongs.
-Mike
Yes. Again.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm

It does not help anything when you realize that he's also doing a poor rip-off Mike Wong's medicore "Conquest" fanic.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:It does not help anything when you realize that he's also doing a poor rip-off Mike Wong's medicore "Conquest" fanic.
-Mike
Why is his work medicore? It is a great fan fiction.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 pm

What's great about it? The characterizations are shallow, even to the point of changing canon characters, like making Picard into a weak-minded rapist (which he obviously is not) to suit is all too blatant propaganist agena; the writing is competent, if uninspiring, and Wong even threw in several obvious Gary Stu avatars, most prominant being Admiral Kanos, which are hallmarks of bad fanfic writing.
-Mike

Youngla0450
Bridge Officer

Post by Youngla0450 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:06 am

Interesting.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:What's great about it? The characterizations are shallow, even to the point of changing canon characters, like making Picard into a weak-minded rapist (which he obviously is not) to suit is all too blatant propaganist agena; the writing is competent, if uninspiring, and Wong even threw in several obvious Gary Stu avatars, most prominant being Admiral Kanos, which are hallmarks of bad fanfic writing.
-Mike

I have never read Wongs fanfic but i have had several inflicted on me regarding a few other franchises as well as a few from eve-online that were cringe worthy.

Most seemed like wankfests with little or no imagination and even less substance, personally id rather indulge in a afternoon of unanesthetized rectal surgery than read another especially one by a tool like wong.

I always wondered what these guys think years later whe they reread the junk they wrote and realise just how shallow, transparant and generally ridiculous they looked at the time to those who read it without bias.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 pm

Wong is completely biased, like many other Warsies, who hapilly use him.

Reference here.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:I always wondered what these guys think years later whe they reread the junk they wrote and realise just how shallow, transparant and generally ridiculous they looked at the time to those who read it without bias.
What would Wong care in this instance? As long as he can maintain his personality cult, he's happy. But if there's an indication of how he really feels, look how fast he dropped working on the godawful "Reign of Terror" story.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Picard wrote:Wong is completely biased, like many other Warsies, who hapilly use him.

Reference here.

You didn't have your facts straight there in that debate, and you need to learn to present your own research, not merely parrot other people as you got cought off guard there a number of times. But to be fair, you also got dog piled by a bunch of immature Waries who claim "Pwned!" when they mindlessly repeat Wong's work in reponse to anyone who claims Star Trek or almost any other franchise's technology is more than a match for Star Wars. If you should have countered with anything, you should have paid more attention to the low firepower and other less than impressive SW technology showings from the TCW CGI series, which ranks above the EU and just below the movies in the canon hierarchy.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 am

Actually, Mike, since TCW is looked at by Warsies as a "kid show", simply point out the same low level damage seen in RotS, the last of the prequels, and show the warsies how this "kid show" shows the same exact kind of firepower and (in)competence from the forces presented in TCW and the PT...

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 pm

There is one critical difference here; in RoTS, the ship battles really do not take place in an atmosphere, where as in TCW, we have clear cut cases of the ships flying deep into the atmosphere of a planet and shooting each at each other, and we do not see massive kiloton or megton, let alone gigaton level explosions. Thus a Warsie can claim that the movies do not show obvious high firepower because they are fighting in near-vacuum conditions. Although they tend to easily forget that Slave-I's blasters in AoTC show nothing like kiloton level firepower.

The one thing very consistant between them, however, is the look of the battles, most in particular the ground warfare, and the use of poor tactics as well as consistantly low yield firepower.
-Mike