Political Compass?

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Re: Political Compass?

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:16 pm

SWST, on the topic of this thread, where exactly do you fall on the Political Compass, if we may ask? The current chart is extensive but not complete.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 am

I took it for 3rd time (for fun) and it seems that I have moved a bit towards authoritarian left.

Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm

I just took it again, and I moved a bit:
economic =-5.12 & social =-2.92

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:48 pm

4th time:

Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82

EDIT

This is how I moved:

and this is average of all 4 times:

I think it might be most correct, since, as someone pointed out, answers change depending on mood.

General Donner
Bridge Officer

Post by General Donner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:46 am

Just saw this thread ...

Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.67

Pretty much centrist and mildly authoritarian according to the compass ... some kind of moderate with mild neocon tendencies I guess?

(Graph.)

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Honestly, some of those questions were almost disturbingly obvious in the "right" answer. I say right because only a maniac would claim that "first generation immigrants" couldn't adapt to the awesome power of the Rich White Man or that people should "stick with their own kind".

Strangely enough, despite voting for increased regulation of companies and the like, they still listed me as leaning libertarian, despite disagreeing with the ideal.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Strangely enough, despite voting for increased regulation of companies and the like, they still listed me as leaning libertarian, despite disagreeing with the ideal.
It put you correctly; economical axis is Left/Right one, and your stance is positively leftist. I don't know for political answers you gave, but from what I can see, economical axis is more or less correct.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Economic Left/Right: -8.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printab ... 5&soc=0.67

Moved a bit towards social libertarian and economic left.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Just giving the silly thing a try few I got results like this:

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Depending on how I want to interpret some of the questions, I can pretty much make the dot "orbit" just a few off about the center. Frankly speaking, they should have had two additional increments: slighty disagree/agree.
-Mike

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 am

Took it again:
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.38

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 am

Praeothmin wrote:
sonofccn wrote: Me? I'd add this:

You are justified in meddling in other people's lives and buisness as long as your means are noble. Agree/Disagree

Me? I want to live my life as I see fit. If that means chain smoking while devouring platefull after platefull of scrambled eggs and bacon lathered in grease so be it. If it means making the concious decision that I'd rather not wear my seatbelt so be it. If that means I invest my money and time into fast food resturants which serve fattening foods so be it. Frankly I think the world would be a better place if all the dogooder nanny busybody types were all shot out into the deepest reaches of space where they can preen over themselves and insiste that they all eat a healthy balanced meal while putting foam rubber on all the sharp corners so they don't hurt themselves.
Problem is, your bad choices cost ME a lot of money because Health care costs more, insurances are higher, and dumb people are allowed to WASTE MY TAXES using the judicial system to sue McDonalds who they blame for their FAT LARD ASS because they're just too fucking lazy to move a bit, and are just too dumb to eat right and they want to blame someone else for their stupidity...
True.

People are as a rule of thumb stupid and don't bother to think about problem before taking action. But that is failling of overall culture, education and messages sent by media.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:08 am

Well in all logic in sonofccn's world there would be no taxes, so no one would complain how you'd behave as it wouldn't cost them a nut. However, the boerderline anarchy is quite impossible to maintain in a society of people. Oppositions of subjective liberties requires that frontiers spontaneously form, and thus take the form of agreements regarding conduct.
Which means a modicum of law and order. :o]

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:56 am

This was my result:

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Well in all logic in sonofccn's world there would be no taxes
Uh I don't believe I've ever claimed there should be no taxes. I merely disagree it is the state functions to provide "free healthcare" nor do I like implications of control on my life such a "partnership" entails.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:However, the boerderline anarchy is quite impossible to maintain in a society of people. Oppositions of subjective liberties requires that frontiers spontaneously form, and thus take the form of agreements regarding conduct.
I don't consider being able to decide what you should eat a subjective liberty. If you can't decide that your are no longer a citizen but some pet.
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Which means a modicum of law and order. :o]
I have at no time ever decried law and order. I simply believe you have a right to smoke twenty packs a day and eat fattening food if that is how you want to live your life.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I simply believe you have a right to smoke twenty packs a day
Not if you smoke them in same room as people who don't smoke.
I merely disagree it is the state functions to provide "free healthcare" nor do I like implications of control on my life such a "partnership" entails.
If it isn't state's function to help and protect its citizens, then why states exist in first place? And I for one pity anyone who finds himself solely on "mercy" or capitalists and profiteers, and their privateers.

EDIT:
I must say that it's introduction page has a lot of good points
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test