CDE Mugabe gets much deserved win

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
The Real Aaron A Aaronson
Candidate

CDE Mugabe gets much deserved win

Post by The Real Aaron A Aaronson » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:32 am

I think this is the most proper forum for this good news
http://www.talkzimbabwe.com/news/117/AR ... 06-29.html

That will teach the colonialist MDC that they can't attempt a coup by killing their own supporters and trying to frame the government for it. Hopefully the Zanu-PF war veterans come down on them HARD for their attempted fraud: Their western neo-liberal ideals are clearly not wanted here.

Kahless
Padawan

Post by Kahless » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:08 am

How the heck could you support a monster like Mugabe? He's butchering people in the streets because he can't stand the idea of possibly losing

That's aside from his past behavior like his treatment of white farmers.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm

Indeed, from what I've read of him, Mugabe's a small-time Saddam Hussein...

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:30 am

The Real Aaron A Aaronson wrote:CDE Mugabe gets much deserved win

Is this a puppet account for the Patriotic Front of the Zambian African National Union?

The Real Aaron A Aaronson
Candidate

Post by The Real Aaron A Aaronson » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:57 am

ILikeDeathNote wrote:Is this a puppet account for the Patriotic Front of the Zambian African National Union?
Hardly, I am just showing my support for a victim of attempted colonial takeover.

Since first off, the MDC is sponsored by governments hostile to Zimbabwe. The MDC takes money from the CIA, Council on Foreign Relations-linked Freedom House, US State Department and so forth.
How would you feel if a candidate from your country was solely funded by Iran or Saudi Arabia? The MDC takes money from the CIA, Council on Foreign Relations-linked Freedom House, US State Department and so forth.

Secondly, Tsvangirai has in the past threatened to commit a direct coup against Mugabe. And I quote: "If you don't want to go peacefully, we will remove you violently."

Or how about MDC head Arthur Mutambara's threat that he was "going to remove Robert Mugabe, I promise you, with every tool at my disposal" and that "We're not going to rule out or in anything – the sky's the limit."

There's multiple sources on record where the MDC is promising violence against the democratically elected government. Real peaceful movement huh?

My internet is getting shut off for scheduled maintenence in a couple minutes, I'll post a reposte to the notion of the "innocent" white farmers later.

Flectarn
Bridge Officer

Post by Flectarn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 am

The Real Aaron A Aaronson wrote:
ILikeDeathNote wrote: Secondly, Tsvangirai has in the past threatened to commit a direct coup against Mugabe. And I quote: "If you don't want to go peacefully, we will remove you violently."
That's sort of what you get for multiple decades of oppression and sham elections...

Roondar
Jedi Knight

Post by Roondar » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:17 am

Any goverment who sends in the military to get their population to vote for them deserves absolutely zero respect, is as illigitemate as they can get and should be shunned.

Any government who uses force and violence to get it's opponents to yield in so-called democratic elections is worthy of contempt.

Any government who falsifies the results of said so-called democratic elections to favour their own candidates (regardless of wether or not they succeed at it) deserves to be overthrown.

Since Mr. Mugabe and his party did exactly all those things he deserves our contempt, a kick out of the country and nothing else. And that goes regardless of what the opposition did.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:30 pm

We hear horrible things happened in Zimbabwe. For example, is it true that a woman got mutilated to unthinkable extents just because she, apparently, was a supporter of the other camp?

The mutilations were leg and arm cutting (she's basically been reduced to a torso) and plus something else, either tongue cut or something done to her sexual organs.

The population is absolutely terrified, so much that they voted for Mugabe in order not to be killed.

ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:56 am

The Real Aaron A Aaronson wrote:I'll post a reposte to the notion of the "innocent" white farmers later.
lol!

Before you go on ranting about "rich 'innocent' white farmers," I suggest you read up on Mugabe's "Operation Drive Out The Trash," which is the "brilliant" solution towards solving the homeless population problem by simply forcibly relocating them.

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:42 pm

I guess that "scheduled maintenance" was the FBI cutting off his connection then...

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Cpl Kendall wrote:I guess that "scheduled maintenance" was the FBI cutting off his connection then...
I doubt that. He may have simply forgotten that he registered here and promised to expand upon his topic. Then, he may have just wanted to stir up trouble. It's hard to defend Mugabe in a general audience these days.

To be fair, the same media that now blast Mugabe praised him up about until ten years ago. During the first ten years of Mobutu being in office, Zimbabwe experienced something of a golden age, and it wasn't clear that things were spiraling out of control (rather than Zimbabwe's economy just experiencing a few hiccups) until the late 90s. It wasn't until this decade that Zimbabwe's elections started coming under a lot of scrutiny.

Really, I think it's a bad idea to have one person in power for an entire generation. After ten years or so, the reins of power should really be loosened. Twenty eight years is a terribly long time to be running a country regardless of what's happening - but if I were to look inside Mugabe's head, I would expect to discover he thinks the country would be better off under control of his opposition, that he can't afford to let go of the reins because things are going so badly. There are probably a certain substantial fraction of Zimbabweans (probably not a majority, but a non-negligible minority) who feel the same way.