All from Africa? LOL no.

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

All from Africa? LOL no.

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Science is a bitch, they say. Or maybe they don't, but it surely doesn't seem to enjoy remaining silent. Quite like a bitch anyway. Or perhaps like a brat who takes pleasure in doing precisely the contrary of what mum and 'pa say. It turns out that sometimes, there's even something good to be had from such bad habits.
Take the results of a scientific experiment concluded in 2012: Re-Examining the "Out of Africa" Theory and the Origin of Europeoids (Caucasoids) in Light of DNA Genealogy.

In fact, the researchers made note of their repeated absence stating “not one non-African participant out of more than 400 individuals in the Project tested positive to any of thirteen ‘African’ sub-clades of haplogroup A”. The only remaining uncertainty relates to the identity of this “more ancient common ancestor”. All that can be stated with confidence is that humanity’s ancestor did not reside in Africa.

Deal with it.

EDIT: I honestly had to remove a part of the post. I didn't have time to read more from that blog I quoted, but it was so embarrassing that I couldn't even bother asking people here to make the effort of dissociating the good from the junk. And I mean, real retard'o junk down there, stuff I already seen way too many times even on serious political fora... wish I had read a couple more articles before quoting this source, jeez.
So I'll only leave a small quote that summarizes the findings and that's all, because it's straight to the point.
Remember that scientific studies of haplogroups (among other segments of genetics) are solid and more and more numerous, so don't even think about relating that "blog" to such studies, thank you.
(Agregates of serious studies shouldn't be hard to find with minimal amounts of GoogleFu, but they tend to be very technical and a bit tedious if you're not ready for walls of text. The use of a notepad being most recommended as well.)

Lucky
Jedi Master

Re: All from Africa? LOL no.

Post by Lucky » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:54 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Science is a bitch, they say. Or maybe they don't, but it surely doesn't seem to enjoy remaining silent. Quite like a bitch anyway. Or perhaps like a brat who takes pleasure in doing precisely the contrary of what mum and 'pa say. It turns out that sometimes, there's even something good to be had from such bad habits.
Take the results of a scientific experiment concluded in 2012:
And all this points to what? You've written a nice sized block of text, but you've failed to make your point clear.

All my untrained eye is seeing from the article is the statement that things aren't exactly what we thought in some seemingly vague way. Isn't already known that modern humans crossbred with other races that more or less disappeared like the Neanderthal?