Aurora Spy Plane?

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Aurora Spy Plane?

Post by Lucky » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(aircraft)

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/11/lo ... tin-sr-72/

Does it look like the U.S. government is planning to reveal the "Aurora"?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Aurora Spy Plane?

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:16 pm

They've already busted the wiki page. It will come back.
Anyway, the most warmongering federation of states in the world launches a super fast high altitude spying craft. How is that new gadget relevant towards its current war theaters?
Isn't it more suited for poking one's proverbial nose into Iran's, China's and Russia's business?
The recent regime change in Iran brought a seemingly more US friendly government. China is happy making deals and eating gobbling resources everywhere it can, and Russia likes to play big guys and piss off Israeli. Other ethan that, what's new?

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:They've already busted the wiki page. It will come back.
?

The wikipedia page appears to work for me or were you refering to something else?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 pm

sonofccn wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:They've already busted the wiki page. It will come back.
?

The wikipedia page appears to work for me or were you refering to something else?
I said.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:33 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: They've already busted the wiki page. It will come back.
Anyway, the most warmongering federation of states in the world launches a super fast high altitude spying craft. How is that new gadget relevant towards its current war theaters?
Isn't it more suited for poking one's proverbial nose into Iran's, China's and Russia's business?
The recent regime change in Iran brought a seemingly more US friendly government. China is happy making deals and eating gobbling resources everywhere it can, and Russia likes to play big guys and piss off Israeli. Other ethan that, what's new?
The address to Wikipedia is fine. It is SFJ that bleeped up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_SR-72

-----

My point was that the proposed SR-72 is very similar to the supposed Aurora spy plane that UFO/Area-51 enthusiasts have been claiming to see for years. I find it a touch too coincidental to be random chance.

-----

There is reason to create something along the lines of the proposed SR-72 do to the proliferation of anti-satallite weapons in the world. Both China and the U.S.A. already have the capability to shoot down satellites with water/ground to space missiles. It is only a matter of time before anyone can do it.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 am

Lucky wrote: The address to Wikipedia is fine. It is SFJ that bleeped up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_SR-72
I prophetised it would return. So it has.
My point was that the proposed SR-72 is very similar to the supposed Aurora spy plane that UFO/Area-51 enthusiasts have been claiming to see for years. I find it a touch too coincidental to be random chance.
Ha? So no greys after all? :(
There is reason to create something along the lines of the proposed SR-72 do to the proliferation of anti-satallite weapons in the world. Both China and the U.S.A. already have the capability to shoot down satellites with water/ground to space missiles. It is only a matter of time before anyone can do it.
Yes, and with very high altitude crafts, perhaps they might have the capability to fire missiles from a much higher altitude as well. That said it all depends on the satellite we're talking about. Surveillance ones I guess orbit at an extended LEO, but some others reach very far.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:31 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: I prophetised it would return. So it has.
I really don't like being called It.

The wiki page for the SR-72 has a link to the wiki page about the supposed Aurora on it.

All that is really known about the Aurora is that there is a black project by that name, and everything else is just people trying to peace together bits of information that may or may not related.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Ha? So no greys after all? :(
In this case there are no Greys thought to be involved, but there's a lot of stuff seemingly going on at Area-51, and the place has been getting up graded. There is some stuff going on there the U.S. government does not want people to get a good look at.

Area-51/Groom Lake has one of the longest runways in the world. From what I recall they do a lot of different stuff there ranging from testing secret aircraft to studying captured aircraft.

If they have extraterrestrial craft doubt they would have bodies on site though. There are places that specialize in the biological after all.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Yes, and with very high altitude crafts, perhaps they might have the capability to fire missiles from a much higher altitude as well. That said it all depends on the satellite we're talking about. Surveillance ones I guess orbit at an extended LEO, but some others reach very far.
The problem is that it won't be hard to take out any satellite in the foreseeable future, and to not plan accordingly is stupid.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Lucky wrote:I really don't like being called It.
I talked about the wiki page, not you.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Yes, and with very high altitude crafts, perhaps they might have the capability to fire missiles from a much higher altitude as well. That said it all depends on the satellite we're talking about. Surveillance ones I guess orbit at an extended LEO, but some others reach very far.
The problem is that it won't be hard to take out any satellite in the foreseeable future, and to not plan accordingly is stupid.
There's not much one can do here, safe weaponizing satellites with CIWS lol, or more reasonnably, developping the same system to cripple the other side as well.
Anyway, the moment one starts shooting down satellites, unless the owner is a piss poor country, this can easily escalate. Thing is, blasting satellites will not be a trigger but part of any large scale war.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:11 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: There's not much one can do here, safe weaponizing satellites with CIWS lol, or more reasonnably, developping the same system to cripple the other side as well.
If you're doing that then you need some sort of spyplane anyway.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Anyway, the moment one starts shooting down satellites, unless the owner is a piss poor country, this can easily escalate. Thing is, blasting satellites will not be a trigger but part of any large scale war.
Sadly there are a lot of unstable countries in the world with technology that may be advanced enough in the near future to shoot down satellites, and there are rogue groups who would love have the capability.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:46 pm

I guess this is when we start talking about the mysterious disappearances of nuclear warheads and other bioweapons from labs and warehouses.
Or the use of roughly bird looking drones. Feel secure in your own country? I wouldn't trust your own government.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote: I guess this is when we start talking about the mysterious disappearances of nuclear warheads and other bioweapons from labs and warehouses.
Always something to worry about, but that is just more reason to have spy plains.

Mr. Oragahn wrote: Or the use of roughly bird looking drones. Feel secure in your own country? I wouldn't trust your own government.
You don't need disguised drones to spy on people in most places in the U.S.A., and if you need to worry about drones like that then you may want to reevaluate the legality of what you are doing. It's not like the government can't use spy satellites to read a newspaper already.

I'd be more worried if I found something like a "Parrot AR. Drone" spying on me. That could be anyone. I'd rather have "Big Brother" watching then some random pervert.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Lucky wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: I guess this is when we start talking about the mysterious disappearances of nuclear warheads and other bioweapons from labs and warehouses.
Always something to worry about, but that is just more reason to have spy plains.
Not really. Not to say that there's no use of a spy plane to deter the use of the kind of device I talked about.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: Or the use of roughly bird looking drones. Feel secure in your own country? I wouldn't trust your own government.
You don't need disguised drones to spy on people in most places in the U.S.A., and if you need to worry about drones like that then you may want to reevaluate the legality of what you are doing.
Oh the mighty bullshit argument.
I love those bedroom tyrants who always tell you that if you're worried about the increasing levels of spying on the population, it's because you may be doing illegal stuff.
What about have that government trust its people and focus on more important matters?
The country is cracking at the seams. It's not coherent anymore, plus it has a, what? 18 TRILLION dollars debt, only that! and keeps looking for a new enemy to fight against.
But since fighting overseas gets increasinly expensive, war theaters are probably going to come closer home.
Until it's right at your front door. ;)
It's not like the government can't use spy satellites to read a newspaper already.
Yes. I love clouds btw.
I'd be more worried if I found something like a "Parrot AR. Drone" spying on me. That could be anyone. I'd rather have "Big Brother" watching then some random pervert.
And that's argument stupid #2; let's have some pseudo more security by having more of that Big Brother jam on a pancake. lol
Do people even think about the silly things they say or what?
Don't you realize that BB solves pretty much zlitch, but also grows bigger at a rate that even beats that of crime records?
Sooner or later, people will even beg knees in mud for more security just to have the right to buy their smokes at credit. Haha, fucked up country bye bye. :P

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 am

[quote="Mr. Oragahn"][/quote]
If you aren't interested on staying on topic, or at least being polite, I'm just going to drop this conversation. I'm not interested in having a chat with someone who seems to be paranoid and delusional.

If I want to chat politics, I have people in the real world.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Lucky wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:...
If you aren't interested on staying on topic, or at least being polite, I'm just going to drop this conversation. I'm not interested in having a chat with someone who seems to be paranoid and delusional.

If I want to chat politics, I have people in the real world.
paranoid and delusional ?

Clever one here. Who's paranoid really?
Me or the ever so friendly government that's increasingly concerned about moar spyin of the plebe and oversea whoremongering instead of actually solving REAL problems inland?
Nice dreamland you live in, for sure. :D