C.S.I. type sci-fi fans

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
User2005
Redshirt

C.S.I. type sci-fi fans

Post by User2005 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 am

I was on a blog site titled "Fore and Aft spaceship design considered silly". The creator of the site was asking for roleplaying starship deckplans without a designated fore aft port starboard up and down claiming "Uuhhh,...Guys, this is space. So I offered an explanation that you need designated directions to get around the ship. I didn't get a response to this.
I made other comments on the site trying to be positive, got no response so left the site.
Months later I accidently found a ship designed by the sites creator. The ship had one facing control center where he could pilot the ship and directly on the other side of the vessel he had another facing control center where he could pilot the ship. I tried to post a comment and found that I was locked out of blogging. So I couldnt say "Why not just turn the ship around?" Where do these kinds of people come from I'd like to know?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: C.S.I. type sci-fi fans

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Do you have a link to all of this? It's kind of hard to judge what this person is doing when you cannot see a thing. That being said, some sense of direction, even in space is helpful, even if it is having something like the "We are translating along the X - axis of the ship".
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:40 pm

I more like trying to get past the wut point right now.

A link would be definitely welcome!

User2005
Redshirt

Post by User2005 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:26 pm

You guys are right a link would be nice except that I haven't seen his site for at least a year. I originally found it by plugging in my search for "Spaceships of science fiction." on yahoo. Mainly I like to search for newly designed spacecraft designed by anybody. I can't seem to find enough spaceship designs to be satisfied and many of them are Fore and Aft design; which I don't think are silly. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this because it's just my opinion against his and he's not here to defend himself but then when he said Fore and Aft is silly no other artists could defend themselves either. I just don't like the fact that he blocks me out but keeps some of my comments, throws away the ones he doesen't like keeps the ones he does and doesen't let me remove my own statements from his site. Is there anything I can do against people like that?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Do you like the Death Star?

User2005
Redshirt

Post by User2005 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 am

Why a Death Star when there are easier ways to destroy a planet? Send a few large asteroids careening on their way to Earth; or if the system doesen't have asteroids use ice comets from the cometary halo, even small moons from outer planets in the system. I just don't see converting that much energy like the Death Star does. But; to answer your question...YES I like the Death Star. I also like the ships the xeelee build. I also like original ship designs fellow spaceship designers put on the internet. It's not a question of like, but are there any I dislike and if the death star was designed so silly that it had another Death Ray on the other side and everybody ran to the other side to use it instead of just turn the Death Star around then no I would not like it but this is the idea that Mr. "Fore and Aft spacecraft considered silly" is trying to pass off as intelligent ship design and he's got me blocked off so I can't tell him how unnecessarily redundant his design is. If he's not going to let me say my peace then I want him to take off my other comments that [helped him] and make me look like I agree with him because I don't agree with him. He's taking my words out of context and using them to fulfill his means.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 pm

schonovic wrote:Why a Death Star when there are easier ways to destroy a planet? Send a few large asteroids careening on their way to Earth; or if the system doesen't have asteroids use ice comets from the cometary halo, even small moons from outer planets in the system. I just don't see converting that much energy like the Death Star does. But; to answer your question...YES I like the Death Star. I also like the ships the xeelee build. I also like original ship designs fellow spaceship designers put on the internet. It's not a question of like, but are there any I dislike and if the death star was designed so silly that it had another Death Ray on the other side and everybody ran to the other side to use it instead of just turn the Death Star around then no I would not like it but this is the idea that Mr. "Fore and Aft spacecraft considered silly" is trying to pass off as intelligent ship design and he's got me blocked off so I can't tell him how unnecessarily redundant his design is. If he's not going to let me say my peace then I want him to take off my other comments that [helped him] and make me look like I agree with him because I don't agree with him. He's taking my words out of context and using them to fulfill his means.
Ok I'm pretty sure I could begin to try to agree with you, somehow, if at least I got your point.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am

hahaha

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 pm

At least with Jason the English is all botched.