Star Trek's Terrorist in the news again

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Starship Captain

Star Trek's Terrorist in the news again

Post by 2046 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:33 pm

I bumped into a new mention of Pamelyn Ferdin:

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/monke ... 86/?page=1

Her hubby seems to be a real piece of work . . . a medical doctor, healer of people, who supports killing those who use animal research to . . . wait for it . . . help heal people.

Y'know, I really have an almost irrational hatred for these people. And I don't hate a whole lot, really. I mean, Al Qaeda-style Islamofascists need killin', and how, but their existence doesn't produce nearly the same level of gut-reaction disgust and visions of throttling that these animal rights terrorists create. They make me want to go stomp on fluffy bunnies just because.

I can't quite figure it out. Maybe in my mind they have no excuse . . . not coming from a different culture with different values and history sometimes more in tune with terrorist feeling, their evolution to terror is nonsensical. I mean, hell, Ferdin's hubby drives around in a BMW, lives as a doctor, and then starts spouting his absurdities. It's like some sort of Touret's Illogic Syndrome. "A is not A!!! 'If P then Q', 'P', 'not Q' bitches! BWAHAHAHA!!!!"

Or perhaps it's just that their target is humanity instead of specific nation-states. After all, if the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement nutjobs became Involuntary Human Extinction nutjobs and took to murdering human beings in their cause, they could probably knock off the animal rights people in my "Would Someone Please Shoot These People?" rankings.

Anyway, end of rant.

Cpl Kendall
Jedi Knight

Post by Cpl Kendall » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 pm

Oh this one's a real treat, this reminds me of the animal rights "activists" in my home town that broke into a mink farm and released them all. The little fellows promptly ran onto the highway and all got run over. Score one for human stupidity I guess.

Although I must say Darkstar your blog is a real gem, I never tire of reading of how everything under the sun can be somehow connected to the criminal underclass of the net known as SDN.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 pm

I'am really amazed at just how utterly stupid some of these militant animal rights activists really are...

After several spectacular failures with the releasing of minks in Russia and in Britain, which resulted in the minks often being unable to survive on their own for very long (in one case many of the minks wandered back to the farm they'd been released from) due to having lived all their lives in captivity, or wind up causing signficant damage to the native local ecosystem as the minks, driven by hunger and their natural instincts, prey on wild birds, small mammals, and anything else they can reasonably catch (this also includes local residents' pets and livestock).

At least the smarter of the animal rights groups don't try stupid stunts like this, but instead go about by trying to change things by bringing the unnecessary inhumaneness of the fur industry to society's attention.
-Mike

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Re: Star Trek's Terrorist in the news again

Post by Who is like God arbour » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:56 pm

2046 wrote:I bumped into a new mention of Pamelyn Ferdin:

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/monke ... 86/?page=1

Her hubby seems to be a real piece of work . . . a medical doctor, healer of people, who supports killing those who use animal research to . . . wait for it . . . help heal people.

Y'know, I really have an almost irrational hatred for these people. And I don't hate a whole lot, really. I mean, Al Qaeda-style Islamofascists need killin', and how, but their existence doesn't produce nearly the same level of gut-reaction disgust and visions of throttling that these animal rights terrorists create. They make me want to go stomp on fluffy bunnies just because.

I can't quite figure it out. Maybe in my mind they have no excuse . . . not coming from a different culture with different values and history sometimes more in tune with terrorist feeling, their evolution to terror is nonsensical. I mean, hell, Ferdin's hubby drives around in a BMW, lives as a doctor, and then starts spouting his absurdities. It's like some sort of Touret's Illogic Syndrome. "A is not A!!! 'If P then Q', 'P', 'not Q' bitches! BWAHAHAHA!!!!"

Or perhaps it's just that their target is humanity instead of specific nation-states. After all, if the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement nutjobs became Involuntary Human Extinction nutjobs and took to murdering human beings in their cause, they could probably knock off the animal rights people in my "Would Someone Please Shoot These People?" rankings.

Anyway, end of rant.
I think we should start to therapy you step by step to give you at least a minimal understanding of what such people may think. Because such hatred isn't healthy.

You know what Yoda has said:
  • "Fear is the Path to the Dark Side; Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering" like hypertension, petulance, paranoia or heart attacks.
Please answere me the following question: What is a human being?

P.S.:
I hope my Engish is good enough for such philosophical disussions. It would be far easier in German.