DITL's Graham Kennedy

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Starship Captain

DITL's Graham Kennedy

Post by 2046 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 pm

. . . passed away Monday, May 4th, from a secondary infection related to suddenly-discovered cancer, as his brother Ian has shared on the DITL.org forum. He was 50.

His kindness and humor will be missed by many around the world who knew him by his hobby. Many know him from his website, and some of you may also know of his early history with the Vs. Debates, serving as thorn in the side of its nuttier participants until he wisely chose to ignore them amidst his laughter.

He and I traded e-mails from time to time, and it always came with the feeling for me of "picking up right where we left off", like reconnecting with an old friend. Put simply, I am very selective about 'internet people' related to all this stuff, and I can say without question that he's one of the very, very few I'd have met in person without giving it a second thought.

If you have a moment, I would imagine site feedback at DITL would be appreciated by Ian and the rest of Graham's family.

Sothis
Bridge Officer

Re: DITL's Graham Kennedy

Post by Sothis » Fri May 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Cancer is a horrible scourge of humanity, something I would not wish upon anyone, and I send his family my condolences at this difficult time.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun May 10, 2020 9:15 pm

I've known Graham about as long as anyone here since the earliest days of the Versus Debates on USENET and I was a major contributor to DITL for many years in the late 1990s and early 2000s. After the decline in Versus activity in the 2010s, Graham and I kind of lost touch with each other and even though we exchanged a few words here and there, we never completely picked back up again the way we did in the good ol' days. So hearing him pass away at such at relatively young age is very heartbreaking and my condolences go out to Ian and his family. I hope that Ian will keep DITL going in his brother's name, even if there are no new articles. And if he ever cannot keep it going, that he give it over to someone else to keep it and Graham's memory alive.
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Wow, that sucks...
Haven’t been on any boards in awhile, but I usually went back to DITL once in a blue moon to peruse the contents...