Avengers movie

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Re: Avengers movie

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:35 pm

I like Wolvie, especially movie Wolvie, almost as much as Thor...
Hulk, meh...

I like Thor because he is noble, powerful and arrogant at first, but he learns from his mistakes, is loyal, and honorable... Plus he kicks ass...

Hulk, well I like, but he's basically a brick...

Wolvie is cool, and I liked the difference in power between pre-adamantium Wolvie and post-adamantium Wolvie in the origin story...

But I still prefer Thor...

You know what I prefer about movie Thor over comic book Thor?
Thor, the best warrior of God-like warriors, actually kicks ass, and fights like he should...
You need to know how to fight to have a chance against him, and thus Loki also kicks ass because he had the same training as Thor...
He's depicted as he should have always been in the comics...

Movie Wolvie finally, starting with X-2, shows us how dangerous he could be, which culminated in his roigin movie...

But I still prefer Thor... :)

User7605
Candidate

Post by User7605 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 am

It is a great movie and actually one that I enjoyed the most because Iron Man, who is my favorite character out of the group, was up at the helm and almost became the face of the movie franchise.

Interestingly, it is one that sure was a lot better when compared to the comic counterparts, as what has been said and done about it among internet circles.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
I like Thor because he is noble, powerful and arrogant at first, but he learns from his mistakes, is loyal, and honorable...
LOL those are the reasons im not keen on him :).

Hulk, well I like, but he's basically a brick...
I suppose i have empathy for the hulk after many years of psychology and anger management i have been through and still do.
Wolvie is cool, and I liked the difference in power between pre-adamantium Wolvie and post-adamantium Wolvie in the origin story...
In the comics the adamantium gimps his healing no end so when magneto rips it out by harnessing the earth magnetic field to boost his power wolvies healing is red lined.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Post by Lucky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 am

Praeothmin wrote:
I like Thor because he is noble, powerful and arrogant at first, but he learns from his mistakes, is loyal, and honorable...
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote: LOL those are the reasons im not keen on him :).

Actually Thor has anger management issues. You will remember Thor tried to smash Steve's head in when he was fighting with Ironman, and Thor didn't know about Cap's shield at the time.