P90X Home Training...

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

P90X Home Training...

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 am

Man, just finished the Plyometric training from P90X...

Intense...

1 hour of jumping, jumping and... Jumping, of course...

Damn it's hard, but it's worth it... :)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: P90X Home Training...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:36 am

Glad it's working out for you. I hear that workout is most associated with the Paleo dieters. Is that what you're doing?
-Mike

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Nooooooo waaaaayyyyyy!

I had no clue what the Paleo Diet was, and I just read it:
There's no way in hell I'm letting go of dairy products... :)

No, I simply eat well, 3 main meals with 2 high protein snacks a day, and once or twice a week, I indulge myself...

It works because the program works...

I've been weight training and cardio training at gyms and at home for, oh about 20 years now, and I've read a lot on the subject, so I know quite a bit about what works and what doesn't...
I usually watched what I call the "Training Gadgets" informercials, and laughed at their promises, because I simply knew they weren't true...
Then I see the infomercial for P90X, and right off the bat, I knew it was different...
First of all, the guy who designed the program didn't promise you "great results for only 5 minutes a day, 3 times a week"...
No, the simply stated right then and there:
"If you want results like the ones you see here, you need to put the efforts you see here.
This means changing your eating lifestyle, and committing to a 1 hour training session, 6 to 7 days a week."
This, I knew worked, so I bought it, and I saw results within 2-3 weeks (while I felt them within 2 weeks)...
The program has been with me for 5 years now, and I admit I use it on and off, but my GF and I have decided to commit once again, and we haven't regretted it since...
I had a friend who used it only 3 days a week, who did mostly the weight training part, and he lost 25 pounds (on the scale) within three months, and two belt sizes...

Nowe, once I've gone through it once more, I'll tackle the P90X2 system...
This one is more intense even than P90X... I've done a few of the routines... Killer ones, but so, so worth it...

(by the way, the picture you see in the P90X2 link is of creator Tony Horton, 53 years old)

I know this looks like an infomercial, but I'm just so into this training, and the results are there, that I can't shut up about it...

Sorry if it offends someone... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Praeothmin90x ad wrote: "If you want results like the ones you see here, you need to put the efforts you see here.
This means changing your eating lifestyle, and committing to a 1 hour training session, 6 to 7 days a week."
Thank you, captain obvious.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Mr. O., you know damn well people need to hear the obvious since they can't think it by themselves...

Proof if that health gadgets still sell even though anyone which half a brain knows they can't possibly yield the kind of results we see on TV...

So in this case, the obvious needs to be stated... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Mr. O., you know damn well people need to hear the obvious since they can't think it by themselves...

Proof if that health gadgets still sell even though anyone which half a brain knows they can't possibly yield the kind of results we see on TV...

So in this case, the obvious needs to be stated... :)
yes, ur rite
ohterwise democrasy wuldn't not exisst

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Eggzactily!