The network of global corporate control

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

The network of global corporate control

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:02 pm

A 36 pages long PDF that you may want to read after taking a look at the following article:

Financial world dominated by a few deep pockets

Picard
Starship Captain

Re: The network of global corporate control

Post by Picard » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:08 pm

I favorited it in Google Chrome and I'll read it later, but it is plausible. Money mostly equals power, and larger corporations often have more money than most states - even those that are not indebted.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 am

i can't believe anyone would need to actually read the article. don't we all know this already?

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 am

This is nothing I didn't know. The planet is secretly run by Shinra, Weylund-Yutani, and Buy-N-Large.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:09 am

i STILL want that car from the shinra ad.

660 HP FROM BIG ONE CYLINDER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT1SpBaSW6w

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 pm

I'd rather not even joke about it as the last thing I could do.
The growth of ever ballooning behemoths is a danger on all fronts. They gain further power to literally enforce their politics onto governments (through lobbies notably, but even more directly), and even acquire elements which you thought were too small to be ran by such corporates. Like, you know, that small shop at the corner of your street, now owned by some random group itself owned by another group and where prices and affairs can't be negotiated.
The more they hold power on all levels, the more they can chose the height of your wages and tell you to be careful if you care about your job.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:54 am

that small shop at the end of your street was run out of business by wal-mart years ago, oragahn. i'm not sure anything could have been done about this problem if we had started 50 years ago.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 am

To reply to the question asked at the beginning of the video, it should be known that a real democracy isn't supposed to be ran by a few people offered to you whom you wish to vote for. It's quite antithetic.
Check out what there is in Switzerland. Quite an example, which tells a lot considering how lacking it is in light of a true democracy. But you need responsible and educated people for a democracy, and people knowing how to fight and ready to shed blood for their land. No army, no strength, no country. Yet fighting stupidly when asked to do so is not the way to go.
Also, I'd like to know which "democratic regime" is known to have been directly offering one side to put the other one in camps and exterminate them. The guy claims it rarely happened, but still did. Couldn't he be more dramatic? :/