Firefox 5.0

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Firefox 5.0

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:07 pm

They sneaked it in as a fucking update and it is incompatible with Google tool-bar, McAfee site advisor and a fuck ton of other add-ons.

What a bunch of wankers.

Picard
Starship Captain

Re: Firefox 5.0

Post by Picard » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I use Google Chrome. Fast, simple, yet has any and all important options.

EDIT: Looks nice, too. Way better than any other browser in market.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Firefox 5.0

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Mozilla Foundation has part of its balls held by Google, but Chrome is 100% Google's.
There's an ongoing deal for Firefox to use Google by default (and Google is what generates most of the revenues the Mozilla Corporation makes through Firefox).
And now that? Sneaking FF5?
It's weird because they keep bothering me with an update and I simply refuse.
I'm still on the 3.6.xx though.

That said the vs articles amuse me.

http://www.blognotes.in/why-google-chro ... firefox-4/
Finally Development of Firefox 4 is very Poor. Chrome released their 10 version in three years. gained 10% market share
No kidding. Google is a big thing so it will obviously surpass a foundation and its subsidiary corporation, which all depend on Google anyway!
Besides, the tenth version under three years? Did the writer realize that for any single stupid update, Chrome jumps a full number and never goes up in the decimal first, like ALL other softwares do?
I didn't think a fool would fall prey to such bullshit but guess what...