Why would Today's Parents choose Quebec city as the best?

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Why would Today's Parents choose Quebec city as the best?

Post by Praeothmin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

I know Mike Wong hates Quebec City, since we're all a bunch of white supremacists (btw, the company that employs me has people representing over 100 countries, and speaking 27 different languages), but here's why I would prefer to have a family in Quebec City instead of Toronto:

Comparison Toronto to Quebec City :

Population:
Quebec: 535 000 (2007)
Toronto: 2 651 000 (2007) (5x Quebec City’s)

Crime rate:
Quebec: (Quebec City has one of the lowest crime rates in Canada. The city reported 1 murder in 2009, no murders in 2007, a streak that stretched back to October 31, 2006). Average: 6-7 murders a year.
Toronto: (2007: Toronto is facing a 20-year high murder rate, with 82 homicides so far in 2007). Average: 60-70 murders a year (10X Quebec City’s)

Average Median income (per household):
Quebec: 62 900$ (2005-2006)
Toronto: 51 200$ (2005) (less than Quebec City)

Average Home cost:
Quebec: 220 000$ (2007)
Toronto: 425 000$ (2007) (2x Quebec City)

Unemployment:
Quebec: 5.6% (2010, Provincial 7.3% and Canadian 6.6%)
Toronto: 9.6% (2010, Province 8.8%)

Oh, and at least 25% of the city population speaks english...

Yeah, now why would anyone want to live here instead of Toronto... *rolleyes*

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Re: Why would Today's Parents choose Quebec city as the best

Post by The Dude » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:53 pm

2 million less assholes is enough for me.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Praeothmin wrote:I know Mike Wong hates Quebec City, since we're all a bunch of white supremacists (btw, the company that employs me has people representing over 100 countries, and speaking 27 different languages), but here's why I would prefer to have a family in Quebec City instead of Toronto:

Comparison Toronto to Quebec City :

Population:
Quebec: 535 000 (2007)
Toronto: 2 651 000 (2007) (5x Quebec City’s)

Crime rate:
Quebec: (Quebec City has one of the lowest crime rates in Canada. The city reported 1 murder in 2009, no murders in 2007, a streak that stretched back to October 31, 2006). Average: 6-7 murders a year.
Toronto: (2007: Toronto is facing a 20-year high murder rate, with 82 homicides so far in 2007). Average: 60-70 murders a year (10X Quebec City’s)

Average Median income (per household):
Quebec: 62 900$ (2005-2006)
Toronto: 51 200$ (2005) (less than Quebec City)

Average Home cost:
Quebec: 220 000$ (2007)
Toronto: 425 000$ (2007) (2x Quebec City)

Unemployment:
Quebec: 5.6% (2010, Provincial 7.3% and Canadian 6.6%)
Toronto: 9.6% (2010, Province 8.8%)

Oh, and at least 25% of the city population speaks english...

Yeah, now why would anyone want to live here instead of Toronto... *rolleyes*
Quebec sounds cool.

PS: WTF is it with Wong and SDN members in general and these constant accusations of race hate/bigotry ect?. Do they recruit angry emotionally unstable pricks who are constantly looking for a reason to scream "(insert minority ect) hater" accusations at people.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Mike has been the victim of it in the past, so it makes some sense that he would be sensitive to it. For the majority of the users, I think it's just a bandwagon. I don't usually notice racism unless its really blatant but to be fair I ignore most people anyways.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:49 pm

The Dude wrote:Mike has been the victim of it in the past, so it makes some sense that he would be sensitive to it. For the majority of the users, I think it's just a bandwagon. I don't usually notice racism unless its really blatant but to be fair I ignore most people anyways.
Really?, do you mean discrimination in regards to actually limiting his human rights in some way or just a few insults from people who he likely insulted one way or another first?.

Because lets face it the guy is arrogant, annoying and insulting as a hobby who even promotes simular behaviour from his members on his site towards anybody who disagrees with him.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 pm

He's got a blurb on his site about getting hit in the head by a classmate with a rock that was apparently racially motivated. Along with his in-laws being colossal pricks to him (their fundies).

He grew up in Canada before racism was regarded as bad, having been at the tail end of that time I have an idea what it was like.

That said, I don't actually agree with his attitude. The whole "whites should shut up about racism" was pretty sad.

Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:52 am

The Dude wrote:Mike has been the victim of it in the past, so it makes some sense that he would be sensitive to it.

[...]

He's got a blurb on his site about getting hit in the head by a classmate with a rock that was apparently racially motivated. Along with his in-laws being colossal pricks to him (their fundies).

He grew up in Canada before racism was regarded as bad, having been at the tail end of that time I have an idea what it was like.

That said, I don't actually agree with his attitude. The whole "whites should shut up about racism" was pretty sad.
Doesn't this mean, that he himself is a racist?
He has made bad experiences with a minority of white people.
And now he blames all white people and concludes that they » should shut up about racism. «
And to me, it seems to be a kind of collective punishment.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 am

The Dude wrote:He's got a blurb on his site about getting hit in the head by a classmate with a rock that was apparently racially motivated. Along with his in-laws being colossal pricks to him (their fundies).

He does not seem older than me or at least not by much (im 39) and while i do not know much about canada i do know that racism was regarded as bad (by everybody but racists obviously) for all the years i was old enough to actually grasp the concept and understand the implications properly.

The Dude
Jedi Knight

Post by The Dude » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:13 am

More acceptable then, in my experience Ontario isn't as liberal as BC (where I grew up).

Your probably best to read his ramblings on it yourself though and form your own opinion, rather then really on my hazy memory.

http://stardestroyer.net/Mike/

Somewhere on there is a blurb on racism, that I remember reading but can't find.