Happy 4th StarfleetJedi Forums!

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Happy 4th StarfleetJedi Forums!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:26 am

Guess what folks, today's the 14th of August and that marks the 4th anniversary of SFJN coming online in 2006. We've endured a lot, our opposition thought we'd be gone long before now, but we're still here, and growing bit by bit. So congrats to JMS and to everyone else for this amazing accomplishment, and here's to many more B-days for this forum!
-Mike

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Re: Happy 4th StarfleetJedi Forums!

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:29 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Guess what folks, today's the 14th of August and that marks the 4th anniversary of SFJN coming online in 2006. We've endured a lot, our opposition thought we'd be gone long before now, but we're still here, and growing bit by bit. So congrats to JMS and to everyone else for this amazing accomplishment, and here's to many more B-days for this forum!
-Mike
Happy birthday.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Gee, I've just finished accepting the former birthday! ^^

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 am

Yay! Lets recount progress made in the debate!

Err.. Yay for another year! I think I registered at SDN a few months ago.. Progress!

(seriously though, four years? Getting old!)

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 am

The website itself turns 5 years old on the 17th, and the wiki hit its 4th anniversary in May. (Granted, there have been a couple of reinstalls on the wiki). I still think of myself as being a new figure on the scene almost five years after publishing, probably because (as Trinoya pointed out) a few people are repeating the exact same arguments that they were before I came onto the scene and tried to turn everything upside-down.

I don't know how much longer I'll run the forum - I get tired of it (and the whole VS debate) now and then - but when I decide it's time for me to finally give it up for good, I'll be passing the databases on to someone else to re-host. Hopefully, by then, some of you who keep talking about putting up your own websites will have somewhere to put it.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Meh, we all sort of get tired of the debate every now and then, before something happens to rekindle our iinterest.

And let's face it, until the movie comes out, this debate is NEVER going to be solved ;)

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:The website itself turns 5 years old on the 17th, and the wiki hit its 4th anniversary in May. (Granted, there have been a couple of reinstalls on the wiki). I still think of myself as being a new figure on the scene almost five years after publishing, probably because (as Trinoya pointed out) a few people are repeating the exact same arguments that they were before I came onto the scene and tried to turn everything upside-down.

I don't know how much longer I'll run the forum - I get tired of it (and the whole VS debate) now and then - but when I decide it's time for me to finally give it up for good, I'll be passing the databases on to someone else to re-host. Hopefully, by then, some of you who keep talking about putting up your own websites will have somewhere to put it.

I'm sorry you feel that way JMS, and I would disagree with you on a number of things. I think one of the greatest accompishments of this forum is the "List of expanded universe sources incompatible with ICS" thread, which has picked up where the Obsidan Order project left off years ago to show people that the ICS is not really backed up by the EU in any real way. It's an invaluable resource that can be used to counter those mindless bleatings from certain people that Star Wars is all-powerful and invincible beacuse the ICS books by Saxton said so, and the EU backs it up. Would you really want all that to be lost?

Besides which, you can't quit until you finish the "Yet another wormhole-based crossover fanfic..."!
-Mike