Finally, the votes are in...

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Finally, the votes are in...

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Canada's elections are finally over, and I am super duper happy to say the stupid, worthless Bloc Québécois has been kicked in the nuts and lost all but 4 of their seats...

Unfortunately, the Conservative Party of Canada is now a majority Government, which means free reigns to do what they want, when they want it, and how they want it...

Once again, I need to tell the other parties' leaders (or ex-Leaders for Duceppe and Ignatieff):
Bravo, dumbasses!

We spent 300 million dollars (now worth 315 million US dollars) on elections no one wanted, and we finally get through the elections with the worse scenario possible...

Wow, Canada finally gets the chance to become a mini USA and get reviled on an international level for our new warmongering practices... Hurray...

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: Finally, the votes are in...

Post by sonofccn » Tue May 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Well as the repersenative of the vast right-wing conspiracy let me assure you what we are doing is nothing personal. We're just setting up Canada as a possible "fall back" in case things go pear-shaped here. Next year we'll be introducing cowboy hats and a "totally not compensating for anything" love for guns. :)

Seriously through sorry your guys didn't do so hot but at least elections beat mob rule.

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but why were these elections no one wanted if I may ask? Again sorry if that sounds particuarly dense but I used up everything I know about Canada typing its name.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Tue May 03, 2011 6:48 pm

Basically, the Conservative party was a minority party until yesterday.
This meant that every time it posted a budget, the opposing parties could decide not to ratify it, and then vote for a "no confidence" in the current Government.
This was our 4th election in 7 years, each elections costing about 300 million each time.
This year, the dumb and totally worthless Bloc Québécois decided it was in the best interest of our country and Province to vote with the NDP and Liberals so the Government fell.
They were hoping to win more seats from the Conservatives, and perhaps rule under a coalition Government.
The people of Canada did not want another election, and so they showed it by electing a majority Conservative party, which will ensure stability for at least 4 years.
Problem is, while the Conservatives did great economically, they trampled the right to information access, and are turning this country more and more into a semi-totalitarian country... Although I still retain my right to call the country's MP an idiot... For the moment... :)

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sat May 07, 2011 6:12 am

oh the US isn't that bad as a person who's family endured the junta in Argentina and as some one who remembers very limited the lingering affects of it (re a real crazy right wing government) I have never understood why every one reviles American conservatives so much honestly I mean I've lived here since I was a wee child through Bush 1 Clinton and Bush 2 and honestly man..the only thing that bugs me is and it's only some times mind ye the religious fundamentalist aspects of the right

'bout the only thing I remember 'bout Clintons era was we where more apathetic and can do back then oh and cartoons and wrestling were darker and more violent money was better back then too that's about it

I mean y'know cuz the left is so much better amirite? (then again it does entirely depend on which leftist is president I suppose and which elements of the left are in power the moderates are pretty cool)

I just what ever having seen what a real extreme right faction can do I've never understood the backlash they aren't so bad and allot of the nations who protest the loudest well a simple google search on their history reveals that they honestly shouldn't talk