Happy Birthday StarfleetJedi Forums!

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Happy Birthday StarfleetJedi Forums!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

It's August 16th, which as most of you probably know is the 3rd anniversary of this forum. Nearly 18,000 posts and 135 members, which while isn't all that much by other forum's standards, is still quite an accomplishment given that our opposition has been trying to demonize us, or ignore us, hoping we would go away. SFJN has endured and I think we should take a moment to reflect on that accomplishment... the continuing effort to keep a light of rationality and reason to an internet debate that started off as a silly bit of fun and was twisted into perverse personality cults.

I honestly hope that Jedi Master Spock will keep his site and this forum going for at least a few more years to come and that should he decide to retire from the debate he at least will turn the reigns over to someone else so that this place will continue to shine the light in the darkness of the Versus debates.
-Mike

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Re: Happy Birthday StarfleetJedi Forums!

Post by sonofccn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:48 am

Three years already? I could swear I only signed up a year ago.:)

Anyway Mike DiCenso well said, well said and of course a happy birthday to the forums.

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 am

Awesome! We truly have endured... man it really does seem like yesterday.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Cripples cripples... that's impressive.

How did you notice the date, Mike?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:03 pm

I joined a few days after the forum was established. If you want to be technical about it, the SFJN forum birthday is probably around 14 August or there abouts.
-Mike