$1'250 to dulcify martyrdom

For any and all other discussion, i.e., not relating to Star Wars or Star Trek or standards of evidence. A reminder: Don't spam, don't flame, and stay reasonable.
ILikeDeathNote
Jedi Knight

Post by ILikeDeathNote » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

Obvious trolling is obvious.

On both sides. Everywhere.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:47 am

Cocytus wrote:Am I missing something here? Did WILGA edit something crucial out of his post? I don't see the words "America," "terrorism," "justified," or "moral superiority" anywhere in his post.

Why in the hell is it that everytime someone makes a complaint about the disproportionate amount of world resources Westerners consume, people construe their statements as an attack on America? Aside from the fallaciousness of such an assumption, it is NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER unpatriotic to point out areas where America could improve. It is, in point of fact, the HIGHEST form of patriotism to work towards a more perfect union.

And it is not surprising that the so many who have so little would hate the so few who have so much. America accounts for a mere 5 percent of the world's population, yet we consume far more than 5 percent of its resources. I'm not saying their hatred is justified, (and neither did WILGA) but it isn't surprising.
if you can sincerely reread this post and not see it as an attack, then either we're speaking different languages or one of us is retarded.

oh, and ilikedeathnote? this post is the first instance which could conceivably be called trolling that i have ever posted on this forum. so, hey! say it one more time and YOU'LL ACTUALLY BE RIGHT.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 am

I really believe that everyone is being overly critical here. MoJo and I misinterpreted WILGA's post and asked if he meant what we thought he meant.

Cocytus then reacted more strongly than necessary, and incited an unnecessarily harsh response from myself and MoJo. Now, we are all just pointing fingers. We are all being close minded assholes. ALL OF US.

Having said all of that, could you all please jump off of MoJo's ass? It was just a misunderstanding.

(curls into fetal position and awaits storm to come)

Cocytus
Jedi Knight

Post by Cocytus » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:55 pm

I'm not going to foment that storm.

I overreacted to Mojo's overreaction. Since you interpreted my post as an attack, I apologize for it. And that's my final word on the matter.

Airlocke_Jedi_Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Airlocke_Jedi_Knight » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:36 pm

And I apologize, also.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:52 pm

Oh come on guys, don't let me down. I was planning to jump in and overreact as well. :(
So much for the party poppers.