Stormtroopers try to board a Federation Starship

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Darth Tanner wrote:A ship wide defence system that is rarely actually used, neither the Reman boarders, Klingons on DS9 or any other invasion force has been stopped by forcefields
As Jedi Master Spock pointed out, that isn't exactly true.
Because the stormies were in on the plan or they would have shot them!
So a secret plan to find the location of the rebel base has every imperial personel in the loop down to the grunts.
Leia did know that they had been let go but perhaps they simply dont have forcefield projectors everywhere like ST ships do
Which is what I said, it's not mainstream. They6 rely on blast doors to do the same job.

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Just saw some things I wanted to clarify/ correct.

In case anyone cares about the Nemesis ramming I did some calculations and the Ent-E's acceleration (assuming it is constant) is about 4 m/s^2 (I hated Nemesis, though I liked the pimped out Enterprise). And Darth Tanner, the DS1 was 120km in diameter, not 900km. Sonofccn, the only mention of hypermatter reactors that I am familiar with is in the ICS, both the OT and RotS.

About Jem Hadar rammings, in the final episode battle they ram a few klingon ships (BoP and Vor'cha). Even without the reactor the Jem Hadar ramming the Odessey had about the same KE as the asteroid impact form TESB, unless you assume the Attack Bug is less dense than water which it clearly isn't.

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Sonofccn, the only mention of hypermatter reactors that I am familiar with is in the ICS, both the OT and RotS
Which I thought I said? If i didn't I'm sorry.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:46 pm

I'll be updating the appropriate pages soon - thanks again for the accidental reminder, I should post less on the forum and work a bit more on the site - but you can see a few charts here and here talking about the hull impacts in detail. I could've sworn I had more detailed figures up comparing the two, but suffice it to say that the bugship is in general at least an order of magnitude (two, if you trust SDN's velocity figures) more deadly than the asteroid that disintegrated the bridge tower in TESB.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Although KE impacts are being discussed here, remember that the odd disintigration of the JH attack ship hitting the Odyssey hints that there may be more to it than that. It is quite possible that the attack ship intentially blew itself up on contact with the Odyssey to ensure maximum damage would be done.
-Mike