Was MACO so lightly armed or were Earth SWAT team

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Was MACO so lightly armed or were Earth SWAT team

Post by Jasonbelkin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 pm

Star Trek Enterprise MACO pretty lightly armed. Basic carry stun grenades, kind phaser rifle, sniper rifles and stun stick. We never get to see MACO using any grenade launcher, RPG or anything like that while came few answer I interest what you guys came up with.

Limit space on NX Enterprise is one possibility. They Did seem to be so careful when came using stun grenades for example only chief security use stun grenade in Rajjin. May will been available used sparing as will however no one armed with them on Ent countdown when they had reason so careful.

budget may have been simple issue of money. On other hand even budget argument has it weakness. They show tons time door blow off and so forth MACO verse of energy weapon had same effect just giant glow.

Last answer is MACO ant terrorist special force and that Section 31 possible creative as way keep Earth maybe another World War.

Darth Spock
Bridge Officer

Re: Was MACO so lightly armed or were Earth SWAT team

Post by Darth Spock » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:36 am

As best as I can follow, you're wondering why MACO wasn't better armed? I'm admittedly not as familiar with ENT, but as I recall, MACO was sort of like an anti-terrorist spec-force team. I think their weapons were appropriate to their jobs. As for not having grenade launchers or RPGs, was there ever an engagement when such ordinance would have been appropriate? IIRC most of their work was CQC. Now, if they had spent a lot of time futilely engaging heavy targets, I'd say they had a problem, otherwise, I don't see an issue?

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Post by Jasonbelkin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:07 pm

I mean in Star Trek Ent Xindi stun grenade launcher could have been useful to provide fire support not that MACO could not get job done by themselves.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Would've been nice to see them whack armor or even go BVR.