Tatooine-Geonosis speed revisted

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Dang! Do I have to sleep with God for people stop thinking I'm Pro-Trek?
Yes, you do, dammit! Now bend over politely and take that divine cock like a man! :P
I'd watch a SW series a thousand times over any Trek, even DS9. :)
Trek's near the bottom of my own pile of liked fiction, I'll admit. Mostly due to VOY and ENT which basically ruined the entire idea.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Dang! Do I have to sleep with God for people stop thinking I'm Pro-Trek?
Come on, you can come out of the closet now, being Pro-Trek is a lot more accepted by society then when you were younger, despite the rvings of a few Anti-Trek nuts... :)
Even if it was as good as... let's say, TPM??? :)

I am certainly eager to see the SW series comes out, but I fear Lucas will be too much involved an ruin what could be great stories with too much cheeziness and corny dialogues... :)

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:03 pm

The cheese is what makes Star Wars awesome, though.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

2046 wrote:Dear Oragahn,

I am done with you, because, after this thread and having re-read the other, I cannot escape the opinion that you make SDN'ers look like paragons of virtue and reason.
Ah, I'm a waste of your time but you enjoy rereading the other thread as well?
Examples:

A. The Gradient Issue
There is no gradient issue, and it's totally irrelevant to the problem at hand.
Background: Comparison of equivalent shots of the out-the-Senate-window view and the Palpatine office view make it clear that the Senate scene sky suffers from a much higher color and luminosity gradient . . . i.e. that the sky isn't as bright where the sun's coming up. Ergo, it is earlier on a separate sunrise event.

This is most absurd.
The first shot shows less of the background than the one from the corridor. So of course there's going to be less gradient.
1. When you tried to use images where the background did not match up as evidence for your cause, I called you on it, noting that you were using a zoomed piece of sky instead of an equal portion. Yet you claim that my complaint about your picture-mixing was based on irrelevant building proportions, instead of field-of-view, despite having already been corrected on this point.
Well, obviously you're not getting it either.
The building comparison pic I posted in my former message is made from two different shots, one the being from Palpatine's office, the other from the corridor.
I didn't zoom on any of them (until I precisely zoomed on a pan of the window facade to illustrate the difference of brightness).
2. When finally forced to acknowledge the gradient issue, you again engage in field-of-view hucksterism. Whereas before you were trying to compare the Senate's ~20 degree field of view with another picture showing ~40, now you're attempting to equate a ~120 degree field of view with the existing ~20, and claiming there's "no difference".
I never acknowledged the gradient issue because there is none. I precisely showed, on the contrary, that there's as much gradient on the external senate shot as there is on different shots from Palpatine's office.
Again:

There's just as much gradient here than seen from the corridor. These are your own pictures btw.
That's from your own pictures.
B. The Tinted Window Assumption
Theory with evidence.
Background: You claim that the Senate walkway windows must be tinted for brightness and color, and that if untinted they would show the same sunrise. (Of course this ignores the gradient issue, et al., but whatever.)
The gradient is totally irrelevant. I didn't compare the horizon colour, I compared the building's windows. It's a pity that for a guy writing hundreds of pages of nitpicky detailing, you miss such a simple fact.
As evidence you point to our view of the windows of other buildings, assuming that the light coming out of them must be of equal brightness.

1. You have complained about the fact that the two separate shots from Palpatine's office featuring a slightly different focus level on the background result in different window brightnesses on the same building.
It does, as anyone can see above. Blurring bright pixels next to darker pixels will create a darker overall result.
I used the two shots which offer the same level of granulosity for the same building.
However, you fail to apply this reasoning to the Senate scene, instead assuming that the focus level must be perfectly equal to the image showing the brightest windows. For this you provide no evidence, instead simply showing modified images.
On the contrary, I precisely applied this to the senate scene. From my former post:

"3. The buildings which can be studied are far in the background, and the background in question is blurred, which means pixel colouration overloaps, and there can't be noticeable clear edges. "

Which pretty much helps me, because any blur will make the pink edges harder to notice. Due to the blur (which is technically a depth of field related effect), each original pixel has been vomiting its colours on the adjacent pixels, so the final result is, well, a blurred picture with mixed colours.
However, you once again employ the focus level argument in regards to the Senate night shot when it hurts your view. Why the selective approach? The answer is obvious.
As seen above, I wasn't selective, it's just you who couldn't read properly, and it actually helped me.
2. When shown all three images (as above, since I quoted them) in response to your mention of the tinted window claim, you instead chose to quote only the use of two images (as in (A) above) which were specifically regarding the gradient issue, claim I was using them regarding the tinted windows, and from this anti-contextual basis you claimed that I had been dishonest.
Gradient: irrelevant.
Building's windows: relevant.
On that basis I correctly called you a liar in my reply, having been forced to that point by your frequent and repeated dishonesty in the thread. Yet in your response you claim to have quoted me "precisely", claiming I "cleverly" hid the other image to engage in my "glaring lie". Yet even in your own "precise" quotation my context is obvious to anyone.
Just to you and your misconceptions, I'm afraid.
It's obvious from what I already posted that you were very confused about what was going on.
C. The Senate by Moonlight

Background: In the establishing shot of the Senate, we are clearly able to see that we are dealing with a moonlit night. Only a hint of purple on the clouds on the right, which I noted circa 2003, gives us the suggestion that dawn may be approaching. (This suggestion is picked up on by the interior shots, which show that there's more than a hint in other directions.)

1. You consistently ignore the fact that despite the twilight illumination of buildings even toward the west of Palpatine's office (as visible in the southwest view), the Senate and surrounding buildings are comparatively dark. Your continuing excuse for this . . . one of many utterly astonishing claims you've made . . . is that the twilight illumination cannot be seen due to brighter light sources washing out the pink glow. This you maintain despite the aforementioned fact that the buildings are darker.
Uh-huh. The light disruption argument was applied to the senate building alone, which as you can notice (on the large picture), is also significantly lit by artificial light sources.
2. You consistently ignore the fact that the Senate exterior view is lit only by moonlight and ground-level sources, whereas we can see from Palpatine's office that the ground in that scene is lit in the pinkish-purple hues of twilight, as occurs on the ground here on Earth. Presumably the moonlight represents one of your brighter light sources . . . but what, then, of the dark ground?
To which I told you to pay close attention to the buildings on the right side of this picture.
Use photoshop or whatever pleases you, and check the RGB values.
Despite the pixel blur and colour soup, the blurred facades are eitehr brown or purple (when not looking at the pixels which correspond to pans highlighted from below).

You can notice in the image below, that it's particularily hard to spot pink edges on the buildings as well, despite the far greater level of detail we get. You'll also notice that the facades are just as dark as those seen in the senate shot.

It's only when there's a more detailed shot of the background that we can notice the very thin edges and light reflexions on some windows of a few buildings.
It's therefore particularily wrong to argue that the external shot doesn't provide enough evidence, when the level of detail is simply poor to do such a thing.

That said, we can still look at this picture (for some reason, Kane's pictures have more vivid and clear colours than yours, and I very doubt he bothered repainting the horizon pixel by pixel), and we can see that when adjusting for the tinted windows, the colours are there as well, gradient, pinkness, and all that.
3. Despite your claim (regarding office scene building illumination only) that numerous Coruscanti buildings are self-illuminated with floodlights or other light sources illuminating their facades, you have pointed to a lone structure in the moonlight that has a lavender glow, ignoring the fact that all the other buildings are rather dark, and you have therefore claimed that a bright dawn equivalent to what is seen outside Palpatine's office exists.
Again, I thought it was rather clear that due to my abundant mention of the senate building alone, I was talking about the senate building.
As I said above, the other buildings, despite their blurriness, have colourations corresponding to the colouration of the buildings seen in Palpatine's office.

D. Palpatine's Office

Background: While some of this has been covered already, the simple fact is that out of Palpatine's office we see a pre-dawn twilight sky, with clouds and buildings and even ground lit in keeping with what one would expect based on Earth dawns.

1. As noted elsewhere, you ignore most of the twilight lighting of buildings, since this is devastating to your attempt to equate the two dawns. Specifically, though, you ignore the buildings lit by twilight to the southwest, which universally show more incident lighting than their Senate-exterior counterparts. You even claim that the building "behind the creature's right eye" is "very dark" on its walls, which is obviously false.
As noted elsewhere, there's one real unaltered production shot that provides a bit of a sample for study, and it's the senate shot. Just how many times I will to stress on the fact that the buildings in the background are blurry and lack the necessary detail for an objective, fair and honest comparison, and yet despite the sample's loss of quality, we can still observe similarities in colouration.

The only shot from that time (if we assume it's two different dawns) which is detailed enough is the corridor, and as proven, this one is not proper either, due to the window tint.
2. You also choose to ignore the fact that approximately one-third of the sky is brightened in the pre-dawn, excepting of course to try to use that fact in the aforementioned field-of-view hucksterism.
In what shot? How does it relate to the question?
E. Errata

Background: You've made a number of just plain damn peculiar claims in this thread.

1. For instance, regarding the Empire State Building pictures . . . one in which the building walls are dark along with the sky, and another in which the walls are showing the rosy tint of the sun just below the horizon . . . you claim that the pictures actually help you, because they are more "extreme" than the Coruscant scenes.

Yes they are more extreme, but only slightly.
Ah, ok, so they are slightly extreme. ... >_>
The difference is simply huge, in comparison to the AOTC shots.
I suppose you're not moved at all by the fact that in the second picture, the sky behind the building is actually very bright. Just imagine, there, the brightness of the light source.
Even the brightest AOTC shot doesn't even remotely close to that.
2. You claim it is not silly to have argued that photons will come to a dead stop in mid-sky, yet simultaneously you claim that you don't argue that.
No. What is silly is building idiotic strawmen. I never pretended that photons will come to a dead stop in mid-sky, only that clouds took most of the light, notably due to their altitude, and that the light they'de diffuse would, obviously, be far less concentrated. It was just pointing out the obvious, to show how we shouldn't expect any extreme colouration, considering that only a small portion of the sky is pink, even in the office shots.
3. Regarding the Vancouver panorama you claim there is a pink glow somewhere offscreen, a claim for which you provide no worthwhile evidence.
Oh, it's a very bright pink bordering on white.
We can see this, especially on the third building in that composition below:

Check the third building. Tell me the very bright reflexion on the windows is a figment of my imagination. It's the only building with its windows properly orientated to return most of the light towards the camera.
Even more interesting is to look at the snowy peaks behind, which, as you probably know since you go outside more than anybody else, are rather white and of course very luminous when hit by sunlight, and you also know that they're higher than the buildings. Yet, they are particularily dark, despite the pointed out bright light source.

All in all, I call your wavings pure denial.

Sidepoint: that city looks ace. Must add it to list of cities I have to visit.
You also choose to ignore the fact that the buildings are illuminated in the twilight conditions, instead claiming that they are insufficiently illuminated when compared to your illusory pink glow somewhere offscreen. And then you audaciously attempt to appropriate the gradient argument, strangely trying to apply it to domed structures in Vancouver where there is no cause for gradients to exist, except in your pink glow fantasy.
The lack of reason for a distinctive gradient to exist on the dome would precisely help me, as it would mean that there couldn't be a side of the dome coloured with a given hue, and the rest of the dome coloured with a progressive change of colours (gradient).

If I were you, I would rather argue that there should be a gradient and a pink hue on the side of the senate's dome, and the say ha, there's none, so there.

Which you don't, which makes my job easier.

But aside from the proved existence of the bright light source over the horizon, let's look at Vancouver's dome in detail, and see how the natural gradient is "disrupted" and how the dome largely reflects the sky above, not what's on the horizon:

F. Conclusions

There is much more to go into . . . long as it is, the above constitutes merely a short overview of your follies.

Shortening still further, the simple fact is that you are trying to ignore obvious and basic facts which are clear to anyone who has been outside in their lives in order to support your preferred conclusion. It's not like we're discussing quantum physics or subspace dynamics or interplanetary economic structures in the early Republic era . . . it's a fucking sunrise, and you just don't get it.

As noted previously, you have a deep and seemingly unrecoverable problem with issues of spatial orientation, light angles, buildings, atmosphere, and so on, and though I've tried to figure out where the flaws in your thinking come from (i.e. looking at too much bad CGI, thinking planets are much smaller than they are, not recognizing the depth of the atmosphere, et cetera), the simple fact is that the flaws are too numerous and interrelated . . . and their presentation too annoying . . . for me to untangle.

It is clear that you refuse to be educated further . . . nor is it my job to try. You are invested and entrenched in your ignorance, and willing to use a great deal of intellectual and direct dishonesty to maintain it.

Perhaps the most annoying thing is that I've allowed you to waste a great deal of my time. This was my error . . . a hope that you would, literally and figuratively, see the light. However, hopefully someone who might've initially been snookered by your attempts to mislead and obfuscate has come to realize how full of shit your argument has been.

But of course, had they simply read my page to begin with, without a liar trying to mislead them about it in the first place, such would not have been necessary.

In your inevitable response, you will undoubtedly engage in further attempts to mislead, not to mention continuing your attempts to misrepresent my self-opinion. Though pitiful, such dishonesties are par for the course for a natural-fit-SDN'er like yourself.
Feeling better?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:55 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Come on, you can come out of the closet now, being Pro-Trek is a lot more accepted by society then when you were younger, despite the rvings of a few Anti-Trek nuts... :)
You people are nuts. Back off me!
Even if it was as good as... let's say, TPM??? :)

I am certainly eager to see the SW series comes out, but I fear Lucas will be too much involved an ruin what could be great stories with too much cheeziness and corny dialogues... :)
Call me crazy but despite Jar Jar, TPM is my favorite prequel:

Excellent beginning. It didn't feel like the two other prequels where the introduction tried to be cooler than coolness.
Best Jedi ever (Qui Gon Jinn).
Anakin doesn't get on my nerves (he's a kid then, and I totally accept his behaviour).
Wattoo. Don't ask, I like that chap.
Best Jedi/Sith battles.
Lots of Tatooine, and I love Tatooine.
Podracers.
Less CGI.
Truly original starship design, a new philosophy, not a cheap marketing cash in to bridge both eras.
Beautiful and original Gungan city.
Best lightsabre effects.

Remove Jar Jar and you have a film that easily competes with the best from the OT.

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm

I find it hilarious that anyone that disagrees with RSA is a "natural-fit SD.netter". I also find it funny that Mr. Oragahn is the acting like a actual gentleman in this debate, and RSA is spewing expletives that should make JMS blush until August. Yet, Oragahn is fit for SD.net...

Relative to the topic; RSA's AOTC senate pictures have been the stuff of critique since he put up his webpage, WRT the darkness not found anywhere else...

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Best Jedi ever (Qui Gon Jinn).
I second this statement. Obi-Wan comes close, but Qui-Gon Jinn is pure concentrated awesome on a level that even the Badarse Mace Windu can't match.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Remove Jar Jar and you have a film that easily competes with the best from the OT.
Ah, but you see, you cannot remove Jar-Jar, since he is as part of the movie as Qui-Gon Jinn will ever be.
In fact, without Jar-Jar, Naboo loses tha battle since the Jedi never reach the city, never excape with the Queen, and never allow the Queen to allie herserlf with Boss Nass to battle the droid army.

And while we're on the subject, remove the Ewoks and RotJ is the best of the OT... :)
Call me crazy
Crazy... ;)

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:41 pm

While your post is an obvious baiting attempt, what with the spin-doctoring and mudslinging, I will nonetheless take a moment to untwist the facts:
Cock_Knocker wrote:I find it hilarious that anyone that disagrees with RSA is a "natural-fit SD.netter".
On the contrary, even in threads you've demonstrated knowledge of (e.g. the State of the Debate 2008), I've had pretty pleasant conversations with those who disagree with me, even when their preference is in a direction more in keeping with SDN beliefs (e.g. the EU Completist fellow).

You see, open-minded folks can tolerate the give and take of a discussion . . . indeed, they thrive on it. However, after having dealt with closed-minded people so much, I daresay this particular open-minded fellow has little patience with closed minds.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Hell, I've proved myself wrong before, publicly and openly. However, I forcefully reject being called wrong on the basis of ridiculous claims.

That's part of the flaw of the SDN vitriolic-debate mentality. Ego and argument become wrapped up together so that folks close their minds, and end up trying all sorts of nonsense to hold the line of their beliefs even in the face of clear evidence. It spawns dishonest and desperate claims and a refusal to acknowledge fact, because fact becomes the enemy.

Gentlemen do not debate under such a mentality, and indeed such dishonest closed-mindedness is an insult to more gentlemanly individuals.

Me, I'm an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron sonofabitch if the need arises.
Relative to the topic; RSA's AOTC senate pictures have been the stuff of critique since he put up his webpage, WRT the darkness not found anywhere else...
That's DVD caps for you, as you well know, not to mention PAL versus myriad NTSC (Never The Same Color) televisions. But at least they're all equal. It would be worse to guesstimate a proper correction, thus modifying the images . . . and worse still to modify them all willy-nilly to support a pre-existing 'conclusion'.

But of course, it's more tactically useful to simply repeat a claim I addressed four or five years ago (#5) rather than to acknowledge the fact of the matter, isn't it?

That's SDN mentality for you. Thanks for providing the example.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Cock_Knocker wrote:I find it hilarious that anyone that disagrees with RSA is a "natural-fit SD.netter". I also find it funny that Mr. Oragahn is the acting like a actual gentleman in this debate, and RSA is spewing expletives that should make JMS blush until August. Yet, Oragahn is fit for SD.net...
Personally, I find it rather comical that Cock_Knocker was the first one to point out this thread is getting heated, and moreover that he's quite correct to do so.

Cool it, please.

Cock_Knocker
Bridge Officer

Post by Cock_Knocker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:37 pm

2046 wrote:While your post.
=snip RSA's usual projection spiel=

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Praeothmin wrote: Ah, but you see, you cannot remove Jar-Jar, since he is as part of the movie as Qui-Gon Jinn will ever be.
In fact, without Jar-Jar, Naboo loses tha battle since the Jedi never reach the city, never excape with the Queen, and never allow the Queen to allie herserlf with Boss Nass to battle the droid army.

And while we're on the subject, remove the Ewoks and RotJ is the best of the OT... :)
You're still halfway through it. You have to replace them with wookiees.
In retrospective, seeing what they turned out to be in ROTS, I prefer the cute Eewox.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Cock_Knocker wrote:I find it hilarious that anyone that disagrees with RSA is a "natural-fit SD.netter".
This is not the first time he quickly associated me to SDN for the sheer act of disagreeing with him. We disagreed twice. He did it twice. Good eh?
I also find it funny that Mr. Oragahn is the acting like a actual gentleman in this debate, and RSA is spewing expletives that should make JMS blush until August. Yet, Oragahn is fit for SD.net...
Well, of course, we painfully know that you enjoy speaking your mind more than necessary, using much colourful language as well, but nonetheless, no matter how much I disagree with your stuff, you're quite right here.

That said, I also atrociously smell the baiting. Even, for once, you were genuinely not attempting to generate trouble or something else, in any form, which I wouldn't enjoy much, there's the problem that it's like the kid shouting "wolf!" just too many times.
Huh? Even Starkiller's corridor's shot shows the window's darkness. That said, his shots have clearly much more fidelity towards colours than Robert's darkened and browned small pictures.

2046 wrote:While your post is an obvious baiting attempt, what with the spin-doctoring and mudslinging, I will nonetheless take a moment to untwist the facts:
On the contrary, even in threads you've demonstrated knowledge of (e.g. the State of the Debate 2008), I've had pretty pleasant conversations with those who disagree with me, even when their preference is in a direction more in keeping with SDN beliefs (e.g. the EU Completist fellow).

You see, open-minded folks can tolerate the give and take of a discussion . . . indeed, they thrive on it. However, after having dealt with closed-minded people so much, I daresay this particular open-minded fellow has little patience with closed minds.
Please. I've heard that so many times. You really think I'm not seeing through you?
The more you try to defend yourself, the less credible you get.
You claim having no problem with people disagreeing with you, citing a rather dim example of disagreement which didn't put a whole page of your website into question. Using that anon as a proof of your open mindedness is a joke. He was already convinced that the SW calcs he saw at SBC were a tad wanked up. That was not someone going to firmly argue your claims. Even more, he was rather misinformed about Star Trek, which means he wasn't a tough and well informed debator to argue with at all, though his points made sense, as far as their premise relied on correct information.
This anon didn't insist much there after. Truth being, there was no debate at all.
The "pleasant conversations" were so, precisely because you had the upper hand, basically, they were pleasant because you were right, or claimed so, with no challenge, or no real opposition.
The other, Ullic, only argued over two posts, and used a logic and arguments about canon which were absolutely nothing new, you just copied your own arguments and it ended there. Again, there was no debate.
I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. Hell, I've proved myself wrong before, publicly and openly. However, I forcefully reject being called wrong on the basis of ridiculous claims.
You pretend liking being proven wrong, which is pure bollocks. You never made one concession or admitted being mistaken as far as I had the opportunity to experience. Even when sticking the pictures in front of your nose. The denial of the difference of brightness had to be one of the best moments.
That's part of the flaw of the SDN vitriolic-debate mentality. Ego and argument become wrapped up together so that folks close their minds, and end up trying all sorts of nonsense to hold the line of their beliefs even in the face of clear evidence. It spawns dishonest and desperate claims and a refusal to acknowledge fact, because fact becomes the enemy.
Ego and argumentum? Please, look at yourself.
Gentlemen do not debate under such a mentality, and indeed such dishonest closed-mindedness is an insult to more gentlemanly individuals.
Yes, I was insulted.
Me, I'm an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron sonofabitch if the need arises.
Cry me a river.
You've been given a lot of leeway in this thread, which I must say, does make that site look biased in your favour. I've seen people being warned on this board for less than that.
Your repeated insults and pedantic bile flew remarkably well under the radar.
That's DVD caps for you, as you well know, not to mention PAL versus myriad NTSC (Never The Same Color) televisions. But at least they're all equal. It would be worse to guesstimate a proper correction, thus modifying the images . . . and worse still to modify them all willy-nilly to support a pre-existing 'conclusion'.
Of course, there has never been an attempt at treachery and lie on my part. I properly described the nature of the material I worked from (Kane's shot), and which modifications I applied, why, where, and which parts of the material were unaltered, to compare.
You kept trying to pain this as a lie and glaring attempt at modifying evidence to suit my needs. That is just absurd.
It's like I say, here, there's picture A, and here, there's A', which is picture A but with more blue.
You: "You scum, you altered evidence!"

Yeah, like you never tweaked an image to highlight something...
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... waist2.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... verlay.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... 62-104.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... -over1.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... -over2.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... atmos2.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... ast-5a.jpg

But when I do the same to make a point, it's dishonest and worth a million insults. Just get real.
But of course, it's more tactically useful to simply repeat a claim I addressed four or five years ago (#5) rather than to acknowledge the fact of the matter, isn't it?

That's SDN mentality for you. Thanks for providing the example.
It's also particularily hard to admit having written a whole page upon a flawed premise, just because you were so hellbent on giving SW a clear example of hyperspace speed within the 1000c ballpark.

Besides, as I said earlier, but I suppose you didn't notice, the Jedi Council shots are not from the same tower, unless you'd like to pretend that a whole sector of Coruscant got heavily modified within 10 years.
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... ay05sm.jpg
http://st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/ ... PM01sm.jpg
There are four towers in the Jedi Temple, minus the major spire. We can see one of the other towers behind Anakin, in AOTC, in the background, which is enough to suggest that the Jedi were just in another tower 10 years ago. It's far more reasonable to argue this than argue massive urban reconstruction.

Of course, this screws up your page a little bit more.
Last edited by Mr. Oragahn on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 pm

There are very, very few moments (read; none) where I have been tempted to applaud someone on the internet over such a thing as a debate over what exists within a universe that doesn't exist, yet I have to say that you pretty much owned the entire thing there Oragahn.

Though I'm not sure why G2k is so overtly obsessed with proving that Wars' hyperdrive speeds are ridiculously slow, to be honest.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:13 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Cry me a river.
You've been given a lot of leeway in this thread,
Mainly because I wasn't paying too close attention to all the posts being made in this thread, but yes, I should have spoken up earlier.

Incivility rarely happens in isolation, although 2046 has been the worst offender in the last page. People tend to get worked up at each other. Speaking up to point out that 2046 was being rude is fine; posting a ROFL animated smiley and calling it a "usual projection spiel" isn't going to make anything better.