I two throey why the Borg did attack UFP in full force

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jasonbelkin
Padawan

I two throey why the Borg did attack UFP in full force

Post by Jasonbelkin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:32 am

Theory number one Pircard he successful stop the stop second Borg invasion single handle just with stander knowledge of the Borg ships. Everyone Federation know about that weakness. First is fleet which own list problem. 50 starship easily destroy Borg Cube then go on to next target with Pircard weakness something one to two ship per attack. This 100 ships easily destroy 30 Borg Cubes. Borg have send smell ships to protect bigger this might would slow them down. Then of course reinforcements from UFP any of the other powers. Borg not think worth it devote the resource require to conquest the UFP.

Another possible why Borg came full force just about every major government has own black agencies and UFP geodesic fold which could bring USS voyage back with the crew dead . Unmanned starship WMDS Might will be real damage to the Borg. Every major government in Star Terk has black agency.
n.http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Geodesic_fold[url][/url]

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: I two throey why the Borg did attack UFP in full force

Post by mojo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:47 am

jesus christ, seriously?

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Post by Jasonbelkin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:34 am

Three part Pircard theory. First and simple question let say Pircard charge fleet how long would have taken for them destroy the Borg Cube in Star Trek first contact. Two very different possibles one possibles aim more vital systems things either slow it down and destroy it. Possible number plan destroy raw force just fire will. Both possible hold that Borg Cube would have get no were near the solar system. if they hit the Borg Cube on spot hard. Real question how long taken for the UFP cause that kind damage.

Also another possible the UFP own weapon technology might have improve enough at least after Star Trek first contact to better able handle Borg Cubes. After all USS Enterprise E weapon enough turn smaller Borg ship to space dust.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:24 am

I saw a commercial for this. Jason, your ship has arrived:

http://grammarly.com
Grammarly is the world’s most accurate grammar checker

250 points of grammar

Grammarly scans your text for proper use of more than 250 advanced grammar rules, spanning everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to modifier placement.
Contextual spelling checker

Correctly spelled words used in the wrong context mean embarrassing mistakes for you. Grammarly spots erroneous use of lose/loose, affect/effect, lie/lay, there/their/they’re, and many other commonly confused words.
Vocabulary enhancement

Words can make an impact, or they can fall flat. Enhance your sentences with Grammarly’s context-optimized word choice suggestions to instantly improve the readability of your document.

Grammarly is trusted by students, professional writers, business people, bloggers, and people who just want to write better. No matter what your writing situation is, Grammarly adapts to your needs, giving you the confidence of mistake-free writing every time you write.
Unfortunately, upon entering your first paragraph the website crashed and their servers exploded. However, when the site's back up and rendered more robust, please avail yourself of their services.

Sideswipe
Bridge Officer

Post by Sideswipe » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 am

I probably can't write in Jason's native language any better than he could in English.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 am

To my knowledge Jason has invariably refused to discuss his country of origin or any cause for his writing problems, meaning the presumption of ESL issues is just that. More to the point, we have seen him write coherent and properly-spelled sentences before… Mojo just about freaked out. Further, over time, it seems his coherence has declined, not improved, as one would expect from a student of English who actually gave a damn.

Put simply, there is the simple fact of personal embarrassment. If his writing was incomprehensible because it was over our heads, we should be embarrassed. However, if I were on a forum trying to share ideas and debate and wanted to be taken seriously, I would work very hard to at least ensure my posts were readable*.

(* SDN folks complained of my word choices and phrasings, at times ("Darkstar-ese"), but that's the over-the-head problem, not the gibberish problem.)

In any case, I have previously noted that Jason sometimes has interesting ideas. However, they are so poorly expressed that it is almost not worth the effort to seek the wheat amongst the chaff.

Finally, you really took the piss out of my joke.

Sideswipe
Bridge Officer

Post by Sideswipe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:33 am

Haha, it was meant as a sarcastic reply. I fully expect someone named Jason should have a decent grasp of English.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:39 am

Oops, sorry.

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Post by Jasonbelkin » Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 am

I came up few other theories why Borg did attack UFP full force.
Battle special 8472 might real hurt the Borg it is possible they need time recover. It possible Borg able deploy full scale invasion might weight and other race more going after to assimilate. Or other race might have been taking advance of the Borg fight special 8472 and being weaken.
Important thing note is that Borg Queen not interest assimilate USS voyager only interest keep them way Borg warp gate network. Star Trek Voyager end of games. Why the Borg Queen not want the USS Voyager just to be assimilate. Possible reason first maybe Borg using Voyager as scout even Seven of Nine or by deploy skirmish against the UFP to get the information.
Another possible is that USS Voyager other benefits to them when came to it existed as ship. Getting it stop head home could cause them problems.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:04 am

2046 wrote:More to the point, we have seen him write coherent and properly-spelled sentences before… Mojo just about freaked out.
months late, but i do in fact remember that and my astonishment.
what happened, brian?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:32 pm

2046 wrote:(* SDN folks complained of my word choices and phrasings, at times ("Darkstar-ese"), but that's the over-the-head problem, not the gibberish problem.)
I used to copy/paste your sentences into Babbelfish and select "to English".
Then, after waiting for like 15 minutes, my sloppy connection would generally betray me.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:36 pm

Sideswipe wrote:Haha, it was meant as a sarcastic reply. I fully expect someone named Jason should have a decent grasp of English.
I got it!!!
JASON refers to javascript. Each post is actually translated from web language into "readable" Engrish.

JASON is an A.I.!!