Awesome Full-scale Milliennium Falcon pics!

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Awesome Full-scale Milliennium Falcon pics!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 am

Found some pics of the full-scale set for The Force Awakens of everyone's favorite freighter that was built for the movie:

A side view of the set, unfortunately the Disney exec is not standing at the foot of the ramp to help give a better sense of scale, but the set is obviously a full one:

https://legionofleia.files.wordpress.co ... b_iger.jpg

An amazing near overhead outdoors view of just less than half of the set built up:

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/home/tw ... Common.jpg

The second one is amazing since we have an X-wing full scale model nearby (still in protective wrap) as this gives us a fairly good way to scale the Falcon against a well-known starfighter (the X-wing). With a 12 meter length for an X-wing and the Falcon just under half built, but the skeletal frame in place, I make the Falcon out to be at least 25 m long.

Say what you like about J.J., but at least he knows that actors act best when running around real sets and holding actual props, not with a tennis ball on sticks and bland green screen stage.
-Mike+

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Awesome Full-scale Milliennium Falcon pics!

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed May 27, 2015 8:38 pm

I wonder if they built the small version as in TESB with the shrunk cockpit.
There's like a rush of memories from B²'s pages about all the issues there were about the sets. I wonder if the production used his Millennium Falcon pages to analyze the ancient problems and circumvent them.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: Awesome Full-scale Milliennium Falcon pics!

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:37 pm

So far it looks to be a near identical replica of the TESB Falcon in both detail and dimensions. I just hope that after all of the third trilogy's movies are finished, they don't destroy it like was done with the original.
-Mike