Star Wars Rebels Season Two Trailer

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Darth Spock
Bridge Officer

Star Wars Rebels Season Two Trailer

Post by Darth Spock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:37 am

Not as exciting as the TFA movie trailer, But SWR season 2 trailer is here too:
https://youtu.be/Av8GjpGK98A

Not at all surprised to see Rex, even before TCW ended I had theories brewing that he wouldn't be an Imperial after Order 66. Not thrilled about the continued accelerated aging for the clones though, but not surprised. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought that real world growth acceleration in livestock didn't result in halving the lifespan. But again, maybe I am misremembering, and I suppose the Kaminoans didn't care, most were probably supposed to die in combat anyway.

Also, I am not falling for the new fem-quisitor's appearance. I have long suspected Ventress is part of "Fulcrum," especially after hearing the peculiar diction from of one of the smooth-hooded transmissions. That's one surprise that won't surprise me. Unless I'm wrong....

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season Two Trailer

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Darth Spock wrote:Not as exciting as the TFA movie trailer, But SWR season 2 trailer is here too:
https://youtu.be/Av8GjpGK98A

Not at all surprised to see Rex, even before TCW ended I had theories brewing that he wouldn't be an Imperial after Order 66. Not thrilled about the continued accelerated aging for the clones though, but not surprised. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought that real world growth acceleration in livestock didn't result in halving the lifespan. But again, maybe I am misremembering, and I suppose the Kaminoans didn't care, most were probably supposed to die in combat anyway.
Aren't most attempted clones thus far hit by something similar to progeria, with accelerated cell degradation?

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:09 am

That was such TCW fan-service, I feel like I am Dave Filoni's sexual man-servant.

And I like it.

Still, A-wings and B-wings? Too soon. Contradicts Blade Squadron IIRC.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Hmmmm, some interesting developments.

Also interesting is that it looks like @ 0:27 there are still some of the Republic assault ships (Acclamators in ICS-speak) still around, which is a nice touch since it means that the Empire does not just throw away ships after a decade or so of use and go with all new designs. It is also a possible indicator that the Empire cannot afford to throw away older ships willy-nilly as they don't have the resources to quickly replace them as many Star Wars inflationists would like everyone to believe.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 pm

I guess these ships simply still work and carry a hell lot of prestige, which is also a way to keep the Empire's legitimacy up.

As for the clones in the walker, they looked like three old ga... men living together in a tight place in the middle of nowhere.

Darth Spock
Bridge Officer

Post by Darth Spock » Mon May 04, 2015 3:03 am

2046 wrote:That was such TCW fan-service, I feel like I am Dave Filoni's sexual man-servant.

And I like it.
Mr. Oragahn wrote: As for the clones in the walker, they looked like three old ga... men living together in a tight place in the middle of nowhere.
I feel... uncomfortable.
2046 wrote: Still, A-wings and B-wings? Too soon. Contradicts Blade Squadron IIRC.
Mike DiCenso wrote: Also interesting is that it looks like @ 0:27 there are still some of the Republic assault ships (Acclamators in ICS-speak) still around, which is a nice touch since it means that the Empire does not just throw away ships after a decade or so of use and go with all new designs.
Yeah, I did a double take on those A-wings. I am glad to see old CW era equipment floating around, especially in the hands of the rebels. It just makes sense. I can see where they didn't want to restrict themselves too much, but I was disappointed by the overall lack of OT ships in the PT. I think the Tantive IV was it. It took the CW series to finally show us the Y-wing in it's prime.