USS Enterpise D in Saucer separation Yesterday Enterpise

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jasonb
Jedi Knight

USS Enterpise D in Saucer separation Yesterday Enterpise

Post by Jasonb » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:55 am

Why did the USS Enterprise D not us Saucer Separation option in Star Trek yesterday Enterprise.
Main reasons I can think is that USS Enterprise D did not have the able to do it. Why did UFP design the Galaxy class battleship out the able to Saucer separation. Likely answer go down how many build a year. First Galaxy class starship that can do has two bridges. Basic put it UFP took put all things to USS Enterprise D. Imagine how much faster been build one did put all those things in it. Take battle Bridge and Galaxy class battleship did not have labs in them. They put everything place few months rather take nearly year.

by way this my theory why UFP able build Galaxy class starship lot faster during the Dominion war.

Cocytus
Jedi Knight

Re: USS Enterpise D in Saucer separation Yesterday Enterpise

Post by Cocytus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:02 am

It appears the Federation greatly stepped up production of the Galaxy Class after the start of the Dominion War. The "dark-neck" version from "Favor the Bold," IIRC, along with Galaxy Wings mentioned by Sisko in the opening minutes of the battle in "Sacrifice of Angels."
SoAGalaxies Layout1a (1).jpg
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're stating the UFP produced barebones battle-ready versions of the Galaxy devoid of scientific facilities and creature comforts. Sounds reasonable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Starship Captain

Re: USS Enterpise D in Saucer separation Yesterday Enterpise

Post by 2046 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 am

Huh . . . 9 of them. I don't think I ever saw them counted before. Nice.