Starwars.com redone

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Lucky
Jedi Master

Starwars.com redone

Post by Lucky » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:47 am

I was expecting Disney to redo Starwars.com for a while, and they finally did. Now the Databank is 100% canon.
http://www.starwars.com/databank

Thoughts?

Starship Captain

Re: Starwars.com redone

Post by 2046 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:38 pm

It's looked like that for awhile now. I don't recall how long. While I wouldn't call it completely canon insofar as its entries are concerned, it isn't as bad as Wookieepedia.

I use it for the NLH project for item names . . . it constitutes a readily available common point of reference . . . so Venator = Republic Attack Cruiser.

Lucky
Jedi Master

Re: Starwars.com redone

Post by Lucky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:56 pm

2046 wrote: It's looked like that for awhile now. I don't recall how long. While I wouldn't call it completely canon insofar as its entries are concerned, it isn't as bad as Wookieepedia.

I use it for the NLH project for item names . . . it constitutes a readily available common point of reference . . . so Venator = Republic Attack Cruiser.
It was changed post Disney buyout and within the last couple of months making it as canon as any official website can be, and while some things are copied word for word from the pre-Disney version, other pages are notably changed.

It seems they rewrote just about every article, and got rid of the links to Wookieepedia.