Star Fleet Uniforms VS Star Wars Blasters

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Fleet Uniforms VS Star Wars Blasters

Post by 359 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 am

Lucky wrote:
2046 wrote:The uniform charring visible on the 4th screencap from the opening post.
I honestly don't see it, and I'm the one who won't the OP.
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x13/ ... hd_498.jpg
It is more clear in this image, half-way down Cursher's arm and next to Picard's hand. However your image does show more of it.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah, that image shows the burn pretty well since there are several good ways to locate it with Picard's right hand almost literally pointing to it, and Dr. Crusher's left hand (from her arm going around Wesley's shoulders).

Lucky, try using contrasts on the image or save the image and view it in black and white to bring out the details.
-Mike

Jasonb
Jedi Knight

Post by Jasonb » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:13 pm

I am going say agree Starfleet uniform more design for environment then to protect even though all plasma burn and having cross volcano uniform might explain that. I mean like burn prof and provide protect poison things in general. Also which type of uniform are we talk about First contact uniform and UFP combat uniform yes without question likely Stormtroopers need hit head bad aim I doubt they could. When come TNG UFP uniform little doubt protect environment blaster I am not so sure about maybe and maybe not. Anyone were personal force field like stop blaster shoot in tracks.