Genesis after TWOK?

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Who is like God arbour
Starship Captain

Post by Who is like God arbour » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Batman wrote:[...]and I'm afraid the Genesis torpedo is lost tech, and oh, both the sun and the planet were ALREADY THERE[...]
Prove it!

Following your own logic, only because we haven't seen it after the events of TWOK, doesn't has to mean that it is lost tech.
  • We know of many accords which are banning certain kind of weapons. The Genesis device could easily have been banned too.
They had not only the genesis device in the cave of Regula but data storages too.
  • These could have brought back to Earth (according to the TWOK novel, they were in fact brought back to Earth by the Enterpise).
Dr. Carol Markus has survived and was scientist and project leader of the Genesis project. Prove that she has known not enough to reconstruct the genesis device!

Prove that even with the scientific advancements, they couldn't reconstruct the project even without any data from the original crew and their records!

Prove that it is lost tech - although it seems to me to be more plausible that it is not lost! Convince me!