Can the 22nd Century take over the SW Galaxy?

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
comanderninja
Candidate

Can the 22nd Century take over the SW Galaxy?

Post by comanderninja » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:26 pm

In this gauntlet, I want to see how far the 22nd century Starfleet can go up to need to take over the most important planets in order to sustain a victory and be able to keep hold of it. For this to be a little more even, both sides will be given hyperdrive+standard warp so that their FTL speed can be equalized, or that they can use it out of any hyperspace lanes or gravity wells. The 22nd century will be given 3 separate eras representing the prequel, original, and sequel trilogy:

1. Republic during TCW era
2. Empire at their peak
3. New Republic

Everyone will be given their canon feats; comics, games, shows, films. Both sides will have knowledge on eachother. If this is a stomp in SWs favor, we can use the 23rd century. If it's a stomp in STs favor, the SW side can have their opposing faction as backup (eg. Republic+Confederacy, Empire+Rebels, New Republic+First Order, etc)

Starship Captain

Re: Can the 22nd Century take over the SW Galaxy?

Post by 2046 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:23 pm

Take over the galaxy? Certainly not the 22nd Century, by which I assume you refer to the Enterprise series or Romulan War / early Federation era. You're basically talking four main species and their homeworlds plus some colonies, at best. I wouldn't put the whole lot above 100 billion population, and that's being generous. Coruscant has a population of one trillion circa the end of the Clone Wars, with probably dozens of trillions for the Republic as a whole. So, even if the circa-2160 tech allows a Daedalus style ship to whip a Star Destroyer or Republic cruiser as well as planetary defenses, the simple fact is that there aren't enough people to meaningfully take over.