Do think Section 31 if I wrong UFP Yesterday Enterpise would us bioengineered virus against Kligion Empire

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Do think Section 31 if I wrong UFP Yesterday Enterpise would us bioengineered virus against Kligion Empire

Post by Jasonbelkin » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:18 pm

Let face simple fact if UFP losing war guessing not Borg. Section 31 ethic issue of using biologicals weapons massive weakness to Kligion Empire. Remember star Trek discovery though nuking Kligion Homeworld.

Starship Captain

Re: Do think Section 31 if I wrong UFP Yesterday Enterpise would us bioengineered virus against Kligion Empire

Post by 2046 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:10 pm

More broadly, the question would be: is full-scale genocide a defensible war tactic, specifically when you're losing?

For starters, a lot of context is necessary. Against the Borg I have no problems . . . while assimilation may not technically be genocide, it does represent the end of the existence of civilizations and peoples in any meaningful sense. So, genocide versus genocide? Have at it.

(Of course, the possibility of former Borg largely recovering their identities (e.g. the Texan babe and her Romulan friend in the Delta Quadrant) could give pause, but that's basically on par with the idea that re-education of bloodthirsty enemy soldiers is possible. Yeah, it is, but it isn't a practical strategy in the middle of war, so sorry about riddling them with shrapnel.)

The Founder situation was not so clean. While the Dominion was hardly above genocide via bioweapon (e.g. the "Blight"), the general assumption was brutal subjugation. Is a bioweapon-based genocide acceptable then? That rather depends on which side of the brutal subjugation you're on. At best, one could view it as a last resort, but the problem with even suggesting it is acceptable at that point is that one may be tempted to have it ready in advance, and at that point one might be tempted to rush headlong toward convincing oneself it is the last resort . . . or just not trying so hard to maintain conventional deterrents.

Certainly in the Yesterday's Enterprise war timeline, with decades of war and who-knows-what atrocities having occurred, there's a fair chance that genocides against Federation species had already occurred. If so, then the bar many have been a bit lower, and the moods on Earth a bit more amenable to the idea. But right? I'd want more information.

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Re: Do think Section 31 if I wrong UFP Yesterday Enterpise would us bioengineered virus against Kligion Empire

Post by Jasonbelkin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:00 am

Will war had successful kill 40 billion people. Factor Pircard Openly stated his staff taking he consider alternatives I will go with Guinan recommendation. We do not know what alternatives were per say but, one could imagine if war was going badly genicide against Kligion was alterative solution problem.

MarkusTay
Candidate

Post by MarkusTay » Wed May 18, 2022 9:44 pm

'Right' and 'wrong' are highly subjective, even among us puny Earthlings. Factor in aliens who have Q-knows what sort of moral compass, and it all becomes very much 'us or 'them'. Science is pretty much in agreement that only a predatory species (Alpha) can make it to the top of its foodchain and into space. Anything we meet will be an alpha-predator. Morality should be the last thing on your mind.

That being said, and the ST universe being all rainbows and unicorns (until recently), if it were up to me, I would attempt to do something to their population other than annihilate them. At the Federation's current bio-tech level, it should be fairly easy to manufacture something nasty & airborn that could incapacitate them, and perhaps make them dependent on some Federation-supplied substance to stay alive, like what the Dominion do to the Jem'Hadar. Starting a virus-outbreak could work, and swooping-in and saving the day with an antidote you just happen to have, and make them in your debt. That probably wouldn't work on Romulans, but Klingonsmight not catch on. Or you could introduce something into their water/whatever that would make most females sterile, but thats a long-term plan, which would be in section 31's wheelhouse, but not so expedient in a war.

The best thing to do is find someone/something on the 'other side' of your enemy (there is always a reason why the Klingons, Romulans, etc., stop expanding in other directions) and provoke them. Like take a captured Bird of Prey and go start a fight with the Tholians. Let others do your dirty work. Thats the section 31 way.