New Biggaton for Star Wars Ships

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
WhiteLion
Padawan

New Biggaton for Star Wars Ships

Post by WhiteLion » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 am

Hi everyone, I haven't written for a while. I come back with a very juicy topic, at least for me, because I recently learned it.
There is a paragraph on ICS that describes the heavy weapons of the Venator Class, and attributes to them the ability to channel much of the reactor's power. As I remember the reactor has enormous power, so I believe it can set a new weapon power record.
Does anyone know the energy output of the star destroyer reactor?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: New Biggaton for Star Wars Ships

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:50 am

That's old, old new and if you go through this forum you'll find a great many rebuttals of the Attack of the Clones ICS books, especially in the pinned topic "List of expanded universe sources incompatible with ICS". It's one of the big reasons why this forum exists and now why things are so quiet, especially in light of Disney de-canonizing most of the old Expanded Universe materials and showing us unimpressive firepower for Star Wars ships in total contradiction of the ICS.

Oh and it didn't help AoTC:ICS that the book's acknowledgments had numerous well-known pro-Wars Versus debaters in it.
-Mike

WhiteLion
Padawan

Post by WhiteLion » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:31 pm

In the sense that the authors of the new ICS were deliberately exaggerated why Star Wars fans?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:54 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "the new ICS". The problem largely has been with the old early 2000s ICS books, especially the Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith books where Dr. Curtis Saxton wrote in ridiculous high-end numbers, most at the behest of his Versus debate friends, who were given credit in the acknowledgements, and then the books were then used by said people to win Versus debates, not just with Star Trek, but many other franchises as well.

This is a matter of historical fact and a simple search will show as much.

But in the time since then, the numbers have been debunked by showing that many of the claimed sources in the Legends material as well as after the Disney takeover and Canon Apocalypse, they have been rendered moot.
-Mike

WhiteLion
Padawan

Post by WhiteLion » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:13 pm

thank you, you were very clear