Do you guys think section 31 has any special force

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Do you guys think section 31 has any special force

Post by Jasonbelkin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 pm

I was think that black op agency at least real world us special force every thing get ride people they do not like to sabotage behind things enemy lines ,intelligent gathering mission.

Section 31 at minimal get ride threat UFP survival sneaky. Take action to effect out come who get into other governments when it matter UFP and this include likely kill some leaders,intelligent gathering mission,we do not know they do sabotage.

Some job effect done by special force

Starship Captain

Re: Do you guys think section 31 has any special force

Post by 2046 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am

In other words, does Section 31 have its own special forces quasi-military outfit?

It seems likely they'd have access to some force for special missions where there's simply no time to manipulate some other group into assistance.

Then again, we know they've cultivated relationships with Starfleet admirals, possibly for just such a reason.

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Post by Jasonbelkin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:54 am

Few problem depend Starfleet admirals
First ethic problem Section 31 does take get job done.they know for broke rules and many UFP personal not per say ok that.I give higher up goes more likely starfleet officer seem ok bend rules then the people military area Admiral normal see Starfleet military agency more.Also some UFP personal see themselves more solders then others.
We next nothing about UFP special force other some Starfleet personal are train in advance tactic training and starfleet academy does have courses advance hand to hand combat.We next to nothing about advance tactic training.
Starfleet may or may not kind special force section 31 needs.

Sideswipe
Bridge Officer

Post by Sideswipe » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:51 am

2046 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am
In other words, does Section 31 have its own special forces quasi-military outfit?

It seems likely they'd have access to some force for special missions where there's simply no time to manipulate some other group into assistance.

Then again, we know they've cultivated relationships with Starfleet admirals, possibly for just such a reason.
It seems likely to me from DS9 and Enterprise that the bulk of Section 31 is made up of assets they have recruited. I don't believe there would be any Section 31 bases or starships made up of entirely S 31 personnel. It seems likey they call upon their assets in different departments based on location and skill set.

Jasonbelkin
Padawan

Post by Jasonbelkin » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:20 am

Star Trek discovery we did see Section 31 starships and crew by that agency.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:44 am

That's a different continuity than Star Trek Original Universe. I'm sure they have vessels of some kind, probably little scout-size special ops / insertion vessels violating the Treaty of Algeron every which way but loose, but I doubt Sloane had access to a battlefleet a la Discovery.

Of course, STOU Section 31 also didn't go around advertising themselves to everyone as just another branch of Federation service, either.