The Federation vs the Time Lords

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.

Who wins?

The Time Lords
57%
The United Federation of Planets
43%

Total votes: 7

Narsil
Jedi Knight

The Federation vs the Time Lords

Post by Narsil » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:41 pm

Sometime following Yesterday's Enterprise, the Time Lord Council on Gallifrey has detected some major damage to the timestream and some slight changes in history. Due to other such events cropping up all of the time, they decide that the Federation are too dangerous to be left to roam freely with temporal abilities and temporal anomalies, and see a future where they engage in a temporal Cold War.

Using any means neccessary, the Time Lords decide to remove or at least intimidate the Federation into never even thinking about time travel to solve any more of their problems. The Federation takes this sort of arm-twisting as a declaration of war...

Anything from TNG, DS9 or VOY is allowed provided it doesn't take the form of one-hit-wonder weapons like transphasic torpedoes or the infamous phase cloak (which I honestly doubt would work anyway...)

So, without further ado...

Fight!

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:44 pm

What exact era are we talking about? Mordern trek? if so then feds go down hard. Masters of time travel are not folks mere 3 dimensinal beings should mess with.

Now if we are talking like 29th century federation or later then that might atleast be a bit of a struggle.

Narsil
Jedi Knight

Post by Narsil » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Well it could vary depending on when and where the Time Lords decide to strike. They'd circumvent the 29th-31st Century Federation simply by sheer improved experience, if nothing else. I'd say, though, that it'd take place a tiny bit after Yesterday's Enterprise. They've been doing the time travel thing for nearly millions of years, and only got made (nearly) extinct* because the Daleks just so happened to suddenly turn around and be extremely good at time travel.

The Time Lords do actually win in the 'non-one shot tech' department... how would the Federation fare if they were allowed all of their one-shot technologies seen throughout TNG, DS9 and TOS (nothing from VOY or ENT, please, I'm still trying to forget those bits of shite ever happened).

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:02 pm

Shouldn't this topic be in the Other analysis, crossovers, and debates
forum?
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:Shouldn't this topic be in the Other analysis, crossovers, and debates
forum?
-Mike
Ditto.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 am

Me, too.