ISD Bridge Tower - Asteroid Impact from TESB in HD

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:57 pm

Your google-fu needs improvement.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:28 pm

"&highlight=Constitution" is in that link. How the devil was I supposed to know I was looking for that? :P :)

There is still resistance to the idea, but you seem to have quashed it . . . but given history, I'm sure it'll have to be quashed again next thread. :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:19 pm

I've been following the debate. Interesting to see good ol' debating returning to a more consensual form of sincerity.

what's sad is when ancient figures, ancient members, would stil propel old arguments and even doubt the tower going boom... years after a simple edit made the whole scene rather clear.

Now, mind you, we know that the VFX teams of that epoch had a sad habit of making things disappear. Often in big explosions like anything related to the Death Stars, but also that Y-wing disappearing before it entirely moves out of the screen in ANH, etc.
I mean, there were just so many limitations back then, somewher, in the back of my mind, I just can't 100% say that it's necessarily what the guys wanted us to see.
Of course, we could say that if they wanted the bridge to remain, they would have simply left it in place.

What's sure, is that if you actually want to argue on the visuals, and take at face value, there is no way to deny the removal of a large portion of the bridge tower.
That alone should support the idea that it was meant to be destroyed.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:39 am

Dude, speederbikes are powered by superlaser energy, too. They vanish before there's an explosion. :-P There's probably superlaser energy running all throughout hulls to try to beat back solid objects, but it's too much for the hull to take after a while. So, it isn't the kinetic energy of a loosely held together blob of dirt mounds, it's the design schematics of the Empire/Republic's own engineers. That's how you explain neutronium hulls. ;-)