Luke Skywalker boards the Enterprise

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
User1601
Bridge Officer

Re: Luke Skywalker boards the Enterprise

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am

Khas wrote:First of all, I'm Pro-Trek.
GOTCHA! LOL
I said a QUOTE and a link to it -- proper debate doesn't simply involve throwing some URL's on the screen and saying "Go fish!" You have to quote AND cite it.
Third, Lucas HIMSELF created TCW.
He also created THX-1138, that don't make it part of the movie-universe.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:38 am

Nor does it make Indiana Jones part of the SW universe either. If it's SW, and created by Lucas, then I'm pretty sure that that means it's in the main SW universe.
Interview with Hayden Blackman wrote:TFU is set the game between films 3 and 4. Was this a deliberate marketing decision so the game appeals to those younger fans who prefer the prequels as well older fans of the original films?

Not really. It was more about looking at what time period would make the best setting for a new story. We talked to George and wanted to find out what the most fervent time period would be. He felt between the two trilogies was the best. Internally that time period was completely off limits until the third film was done. We went to speak to George after episode 3 was done. He then made that period on limit and riffed a lot about what was happening in that time. You've got all the stuff about Vader and the Emperor's relationship and a lot of the major players were involved. We just felt it was the perfect place in the Star Wars story to set a game. But yes we do think the game will help bridge the generational gap we sometimes see where younger fans prefer the newer films and the older ones are more loyal to the original trilogy.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... leashednew
Interview with Ian Pang wrote:Ensuring that the plot fits into the Star Wars universe canon mustn't be easy. Were there any bloopers in the first game that got the team to say "oh boy they got us with that one"?

Well, most people on the team are Star Wars fans so any potential bloopers get surfaced really quickly. Plus, we've got canon experts from Lucasfilm Licensing who've got our backs.
http://geekbot.com.sg/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=24
Cameron Suey wrote:"It's no Star Wars video game," insists Cameron Suey, producer on the the project at LucasArts. "It is completely the next chapter in the story." Better still, it's got George Lucas's blessing.
http://archive.videogamesdaily.com/news ... 068_p1.asp

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:53 am

Still waiting for a quote from Lucas, not some low-life stooges so bent on trying to sell a crap video-game that they'll say anything.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:19 am

Are you trying to stir up shit? I cited multiple people who talked directly to Lucas about it. One of them - Hayden Blackman - was the Project Leader of TFU. Nothing in that game happened without Lucas' approval.

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:16 am

Khas wrote:...

Are you trying to stir up shit? I cited multiple people who talked directly to Lucas about it. One of them - Hayden Blackman - was the Project Leader of TFU. Nothing in that game happened without Lucas' approval.
Nice beating you.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:53 am

Oh goody. A SaintLucifer clone. I provided multiple quotes from people who worked on the game, who all confirmed Lucas' involvement, and you said you "won"? Do you have the skull of a Pachycephalosaurus, by any chance?

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Khas wrote:Oh goody. A SaintLucifer clone. I provided multiple quotes from people who worked on the game, who all confirmed Lucas' involvement, and you said you "won"? Do you have the skull of a Pachycephalosaurus, by any chance?
Yep-- on a Darwin's map, far above the evolutionary chain from YOU.

First you claimed Lucas made certain statements; when I asked for a direct quote, you simply re-phrased your original hearsay; strike one.

Then I repeated the request for an EXACT QUOTE to back up your original claims, then you simply provided quotes from some low-level nobodies-- not Lucas himself. Strike Two.

Then I repeated my request AGAIN: and you said you were done quoting. Strike three.

Three strikes, yer OUT... go to the dugout for a few hundred million years, and evolve a brain that can use logic-- as well as memory, and the ability to read plain English.
Or just go extinct, I don't care.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 pm

These were from interviews with the people who worked on the project. Some of them can be found on multiple sources. That doesn't count as hearsay.

Lucas himself made an appearance to say that TFU was canon: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10042368-52.html

But I know what you're going to say. You're going to say something along the lines of "You didn't post the article in quotes, so therefore, it's invalid! Derp-a-derp-a-derp-a-doo! I am Teh Winnorz!!!111ONE!!!!!"

The only person who is at fault here is YOU, for simply not seeing logic, no matter how many times we pound it into your head. I'd need nothing short of a neutron bomb to make you see logic, and even then, you'd only get the briefest glimpse!

You want to know why the board reviles you? Because you make ludicrous claims, rarely provide evidence, insult everyone left and right, and ignore other peoples' evidence if you don't like it. In short, you are pretty much to Trek what Wong is to Wars!

JMS, Mike, Praeothmin, I am sorry for this angered rant, but KSW has really been a pain in the ass!

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh, and just to make you happy:

George Lucas: The Force Unleashed are the only Star Wars video games based on my own original story ideas. It remains the only video games that represent true Star Wars history. I have a basic idea for The Force Unleashed 3 and 4, which are going to mesmerize the fans even more than the first ones if that's even possible.

The Force Unleashed 2 has been completed and released to retail stores even though LucasArts has been experiencing so much turmoil lately. With work on the various Star Wars TV shows, the Star Wars video games aren't much of a priority right now, but The Force Unleashed 3 will definitely happen eventually if part 2 is successful.

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/lucas/

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Oh yeah, Lucas' involvement was mentioned in the newspaper.

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Khas wrote:Oh, and just to make you happy:
Oh yes, I'm SO demanding, by simply requesting that you provide evidence, to actually back to your own arbitrary claims... and I only had to ask you FOUR TIMES, after three wild goose-chases and a snipe-hunt!
Sure, I'm SO unreasonable.

However there's contextual material in the link:
George Lucas: I've had the cloning of Vader and Luke in Star Wars Episodes 7, 8 and 9 for many, many years now. It's an integral part of the story that can't change. The characters from the Force Unleashed video game most likely will not be seen in future Star Wars films or TV shows. It's best to save these characters for the Star Wars video games in order to increase demand and guarantee profitable success for the video games we make in the future.
Therefore, the absurd precedents set in TFU-- like TCW-- can be fairly well dismissed as extreme outliers of what has been called "The Ultimate Mary Sue."

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

I know Lucas has said that he isn't making Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. However, I've also provided quotes from the people who actually fucking worked on the games, showed that Lucas was at a convention where he stated his involvement in TFU, and even mentioned that he said it was canon. Oh, I also mentioned that Lucas' involvement was shown in my hometown's newspaper.

Most people would take this as valid evidence. You, on the other hand, demand a quote from Lucas himself, which is, almost impossible to find. Almost everything is from interviews with the game designers.

For proof of Lucas' involvement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7LdgAKPek

http://boards.ign.com/star_wars/b5072/169318198/p1/

User1601
Bridge Officer

Post by User1601 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Khas wrote:You, on the other hand, demand a quote from Lucas himself, which is, almost impossible to find.
Then you shouldn't have made this claim:
Khas wrote:EU in the sense that they're not part of the six movies. They're still made with direct input from Lucas, however, who's said that they're part of the official storyline.
So I only made the correct observation that it was hearsay without a direct quote from the man himself-- which is a fact; I don't think it was at all frivelous or unreasonable to ask that you back up your claim other than by repeating it.

But since you're so frustrating and defensive, as well as evasive and unwilling to give a straight answer without cornering you and pulling teeth, I won't bother with you anymore.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Interviews with the makers of the game count as "hearsay"? Videos that show Lucas at that covention where it was released? Holy crap, what world do you live in? Is "Maccaron Chaccaron" its anthem? Despite the fact that I provided multiple sources of its canonicity being mentioned and confirmed, you claim that it's just "hearsay"? Unbelievable. You are the only person I have ever met in my life who behaves like this. Not even some of the looniest trolls I've met were as thick as you.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm

All right. Both of you are getting offical warnings for this trading of insults.
-Mike