Re: Does anyone remember an old Star Wars game?

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 am

I'm not too sure if this is the game you're talking about, but I do have and still play Star Wars: Rebellion. It did have a star map and characters at the bottom, and you had to pick a side, and messages would pop up telling you that you have foiled an enemy mission.

It was a fantastic game and is still a great game imho. It does great justice to the EU at the time and the entire Star Wars game franchise could do well with it as a reboot for a civilization style type game based on it.

The big advantage of the game was a full 3D battle mode and a quick battle mode that actually worked (unlike the new games in which quick battle pretty much means you loose for trying to play this game quickly...).

I was pretty much an imperial player all the way through... Alliance end game became all about POLICING death star production and blitzing Courscant with more stuff... also I think it was a lot more difficult to defeat the alliance than the Empire, so it made the game far more entertaining and you had to be really careful with protecting your capital if you played Empire as the Alliance would attack it often and early.

Also.. death stars are fun.

If you can download it, I recommend it, in fact that game influenced me into getting into the VS debates a bit.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Sounds very much like "Star Wars: Rebellion". Click here for the Wikipedia article on it, note the screenshots.
-Mike