ISD size

For polite and reasoned discussion of Star Wars and/or Star Trek.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

ISD size

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:33 pm

In an attempt to revive what was an innovative thread, in the sense that it was actually offering people a chance to reconsider a figure which was long held as true, I'm wondering if anyone has any remnant of the similar thread which existed at strek-swars, and what the different results were. I remember that at some point, it derived towards a comparison of the corellian corvettes.

Certain official sources seem to claim that the one seen in ROTS and the one seen in ANH are roughly the same in size. However, in Sith, the corvette looked rather small, which I recall obviously lead to a smaller figure for the star destroyer, in comparison to the classical 1.6 km one.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:19 pm

Dude!!!

Check with Darkstar. He was trying to get the forum from Omega to archive it, last I heard.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:05 am

Yep, saw this on his blog. Looks like a level 65 quest we got here, but the looting is promising.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:15 am

I believe that if Omega had sent him the strek-v-swars.net database, we'd've heard about it. There are a lot of people who want to get their hands on that database, myself included. You can try to contact Omega yourself - I've given up.

However... you could start reconstructing it. IIRC, it started off with Kane Starkiller scaling the Millenium Falcon and then scaling the ISD from the Falcon and went on to talk about Corellian corvettes and fighters.

AnonymousRedShirtEnsign
Jedi Knight

Post by AnonymousRedShirtEnsign » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:51 am

RotS corvette seemed around 100-150m long, which is what the ANH corvette is for a 1.6km ISD. I could be wrong, but that is what I recall.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:43 pm

Sadly, I don't have it. Either I dispatched a message that went unanswered, or asked for one to be relayed but haven't heard back. Don't recall exactly, but in any case I don't have it.

However, I did save a few threads before the end, so I'll see what I've got available and get back to you with it later.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:30 pm

I'll send Omega another message and see what happens.

Starship Captain

Post by 2046 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:37 am

Aight, here's 2.3MB, zipped. Included are four threads (the big one and a few others) saved via IE along with all the related folders that were saved alongside (though not all seem to be present, dunno why). Naturally, since it's a saved version you'll have to navigate manually, but I numbered the files when I saved them so it shouldn't be too hard.

http://www.st-v-sw.net/zips/Strek-SWscale.zip

This has been the starting point for a new scaling project I've been working on, but I haven't gotten all that far. (I somehow managed to write myself into a corner of incalculability in the first section and never got back to it.)

Enjoy!

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:46 am

Thanks. It's a shame that was buried, very good stuff in there.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:18 pm

Cool! I wish we could get those archives. Is "Omega" fine btw?

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm

I don't know the specifics and now I can't even access the PM stuff because Makieveli or however it's spelled said it should be fine if I changed my email to something else, so it wasn't visible to anyone and changing it logged me out and now I can't get back in because the account is no longer active and you need the activate it with the link in the email sent to the new address I put in, which was some random thing. I created a new account and haven't heard yet if it's been accepted yet. But, if I do hear something, I'll let you know.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:22 pm

Ah, the nostagia of a different time on a forum that was actually producing some very interesting and informative discussions. Also nice to go through that thread again and see how BHMM and I trounced Swede into the ground on the ISD scaling issue. ;-)
-Mike

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Mike DiCenso wrote:...see how BHMM and I trounced Swede into the ground on the ISD scaling issue. ;-)
-Mike
Perhaps, but it's not very polite to rub it in, even though Swede has not seen fit to come here.

It's interesting to look at how, once the forum closed down, people mostly buried the idea. I'd forgotten just how much support there was for it.

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:15 am

Mike DiCenso wrote:Ah, the nostagia of a different time on a forum that was actually producing some very interesting and informative discussions. Also nice to go through that thread again and see how BHMM and I trounced Swede into the ground on the ISD scaling issue. ;-)
-Mike
Have faith that it'll reopen somewhere down the line and the old group gets back together with a few rabids to help make the discussions interesting.