New forum section?

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:08 am

Hey, I have an idea. Maybe we could have a review forum, right? Films, books, episodes, games... I suppose this would make it a bit less messy than the purely technical threads we're generally having there?

Opinions?

l33telboi
Starship Captain

Post by l33telboi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Hey, I have an idea. Maybe we could have a review forum, right? Films, books, episodes, games... I suppose this would make it a bit less messy than the purely technical threads we're generally having there?

Opinions?
I for one am for it. Though I guess you could use the other forum to do this as well.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:28 am

(Split to TD, btw.)

OK, so I can see this going a couple ways. All source-specific threads, or all reviews?

I could actually move a lot of the review/source-specific threads to the same forum section. We do have quite a few of both.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Jedi Master Spock wrote:(Split to TD, btw.)

OK, so I can see this going a couple ways. All source-specific threads, or all reviews?

I could actually move a lot of the review/source-specific threads to the same forum section. We do have quite a few of both.
Yep. Besides, there's quite a good amount of fanfilms out there to look at.
But could this new section extend to, say, things other than Trek or Wars?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:57 am

Quite possible...

OK, folks, I opened the new section, and I dumped a bunch of threads in that seemed like they might belong better in there.

Post in this thread if you think anything's in the wrong place - should be moved, or shouldn't've been moved. I moved a few dozen threads.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Wow, let me thank you for going into the trouble of making that new section.

Now, we have to understand what could go there.

The question I'm thinking of:

Should the new "review" section contain analytical threads which are heavily relevant to the versus debates?

In other words, should we include all critics of sources, be they pure reviews of the content's quality, storywise, like most film or book critics woud provide their opinions, or should they encompass all critics possible, including those which would quickly evolve into the dissection of said materials for further data for versus debates?

GStone
Starship Captain

Post by GStone » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:01 pm

We could have general reviews in the forum (mentioning figures/examples and getting clarifications can go in) and then, any discussion/debate on relevevnce to the vs debate is taken to an old thread or a new one in another forum. It could be one of the rules for the forum. "No debates here. Debates are taken out of the review forum or your posts will be moved to the appropriate thread."