Pollution

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Starship Captain

Pollution

Post by 2046 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:55 am

For the record, from my perspective the forum is under a minor but very annoying spam attack from Mojo +/= TheRainKing777, and I fully support whatever steps are deemed appropriate to end it.

Old threads are being resurrected without valid purpose (and remember that I support topical necro), useless threads full of nonsense are being created and constantly updated, and this obnoxious anti-DiCenso absurdity is in full flower.

I consider it a severe drain on my capacity to enjoy, and desire to participate in, the forum. I used to be rather fond of Mojo's unique perspective but something seems to have gone wrong with him.

That is all.

Khas
Starship Captain

Re: Pollution

Post by Khas » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:28 am

From conversations I've had with Airlocke on Facebook (who knows Mojo IRL), TheRainKing777 is actually Mojo's brother.

Not to mention Mojo already apologized to Mike for his behavior.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Thanks, Khas.
I don't quite know how to respond to that. If we could drop the Mike bashing, I think there would be no real problem. It's my understanding that humor is allowed as long as it doesn't become an obstacle to actual debate.
On the other hand, I don't like the idea that I'm hurting anyone's experience. I've been trying my damndest to convince you that I'm not TRK777, and that I have no control over him. I admit to finding him damn funny, though, and I'd have to struggle not to play along when he gets started. If there's something specific that's bothering you that I am doing, please feel free to let me know, here or in PM. That always applies. I like to have fun, but I don't want to hurt the board or it's members.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah yeah....

TO THE LIONS!!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:08 pm

This board needs more activity any way

sonofccn
Starship Captain

Post by sonofccn » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:This board needs more activity any way
True but I'm not sure this is the right way to get it. For whatever its worth I kind of agree with 2046.

Jedi Knight

Post by 359 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 am

I do enjoy the bit of whimsy their antics can add to the day. As long as off-topic comments don't "pollute" threads intended for different purposes I, personally, see nothing wrong with it.

That's my two cents anyway.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

I've been posting the same silliness since 2006, more than a thousand posts worth. I do make an effort to color inside the lines. Rain's a bit excitable, but he's harmless. The fact that he hasn't even drawn an official warning this time has to be worth something.
I think he's gotten bored and wandered off, anyway.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Not to mention the fact that when 2046 implied that he believed TRK777 was a sock I had created in the review thread, I instantaneously and aggressively denied it, over and over, going so far as to offer to ask Mike himself to confirm it. There was no response of any kind, at least until he created this thread.
In which he directly blamed me for things I didn't do and offered his support of "whatever steps are deemed appropriate to end it."

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm

I can confirm that Mojo said is true about TRK777 and him not being the same person, and that TRK777 is his brother. I can also confirm that Mojo does indeed have health issues as he has in PM told me in great detail about it and how it affected him mentally and in turn lead to the unfortunate situation that got all this started. If Mojo at any time wishes to discuss his health publicly here, that is his choice, but I have agreed not to disclose that issue out of respect for his privacy.

The fact is Mojo has genuinely apologized and I accept it and consider that matter closed.

As for the rest, the forum does allow for some silly vapid fun so long as it is not of a malicious nature, such as personal attacks, or intended to derail threads.
-Mike

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:59 pm

I've been keeping an eye on Rainking. If he begins posting material that is objectionable or specifically targeting other members just let me know.

As it stands he has followed by my recent request that he drop whatever was going on between him and Mike. While I do agree many of his posts have little substance he has clearly reduced his activity.

With that said: Considering his last post was on the 19th I don't think it's going to really be a big problem.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks, Mike, I appreciate that.

The only thing that really bothers me here is the idea that I somehow made it through my insane phase in 2046's good graces only to have him dislike me now, when I was only at fault here indirectly. I really do like this board and it's members, and I've always loved interacting with people who have been so pivotal to the debate itself.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 pm

I like you Mojo...

Ok, not like that though... ;)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:36 am

Everything's fine then! Yay, booze time!