Athene's Post

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Khas
Starship Captain

Athene's Post

Post by Khas » Sun May 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Kahless wrote: P.S: You totally couldn't handle this.

Um, what anime is that from? Because if that's a transgender character, than I might just use it to troll my fundie cousin. If the character isn't, though, what was the point of that gif?

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Re: spacebattles has splintered

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Mon May 19, 2014 12:19 am

Kahless wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:She's already been there for days and hasn't posted. There's perhaps nothing to add.
My post was blocked.

http://i.imgur.com/VbOvPuO.jpg
That's odd. The approval queue for new users' posts was originally instituted to filter out spambots.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon May 19, 2014 12:21 am

I think enough is enough. It isn't the image as much as the fact that it was part of a trolling/flamebait post (there was more to it than the image) clearly ntended to start a flamewar with Mr. Oragahn.

If there is any further discussion on the blocked post, bring it up in the Technical forum where it belongs, not here. I'm taking Trinoya's ruling on the matter quite seriously and this thread should either get back on track or people will face the consequences. If you want to talk about transgender issues, take it to the Other forum and discuss it civilly.
-Mike

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon May 19, 2014 12:26 am

Jedi Master Spock wrote:
Kahless wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:She's already been there for days and hasn't posted. There's perhaps nothing to add.
My post was blocked.

http://i.imgur.com/VbOvPuO.jpg
That's odd. The approval queue for new users' posts was originally instituted to filter out spambots.
Maybe that was the original purpose, but I don't think that was ever made clear, JMS, and it is set up with options for handling those who are outright rude, among other things. But further discussion on the matter should be sent to Technical.
-Mike

User2531
Redshirt

Re: Athene's Post

Post by User2531 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:22 am

just for kicks i'm gonna post that image at a weebro site i post at, and see if they can tell where it is from

i'm not a wagering man, but i'd take a gander and say i'd have a response in five minutes

edit: Girls und Panzer. see less than five minutes

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue May 20, 2014 1:16 am

Isn't that the anime where girls fight in WWII-era tanks in some weird martial arts tournament? And how the hell does it relate to transsexuality?

Trinoya
Security Officer

Post by Trinoya » Tue May 20, 2014 4:15 am

I believe the anime is a favorite for Athene is all. It appears to be a fairly interesting anime at that though I've not been able to really watch it.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Tue May 20, 2014 5:45 am

It sounds interesting, and it's on my "To Watch" list, but I don't really see how it's relevant to the discussion, unless she was using it as a mocking gesture. In which case, it's kinda pathetic.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Tue May 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Whatever the point was, I'm not sure using an anime would prove anything.