I think I know why Jason has returned...

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Khas
Starship Captain

I think I know why Jason has returned...

Post by Khas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 am

Instead of continuing to post on ASVS.

You see, I'm an admin over on ASVS, and I locked his "Yesterday's Enterprise" thread, because, I felt, it amounted to less than nothing, and was a prime example of how NOT to debate. Since Jason is unable to resurrect that thread, he's decided to replay his greatest hits here.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Re: I think I know why Jason has returned...

Post by Mike DiCenso » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 am

So let me see if I understand what you're saying, Khas; You locked out one of his threads, and so he's come here to continue them?

That's just great.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 am

Essentially, yes.

However, he wasn't BANNED from ASVS. He was, however, banned from another site that he posted these threads on. A little website called SDN.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Khas wrote:Essentially, yes.

However, he wasn't BANNED from ASVS. He was, however, banned from another site that he posted these threads on. A little website called SDN.
This is one case where I agree conpletely with them...
The ONE case... :)

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Jasonb is a honest debater. It might be possible that the reason he doesn't manage to type proper sentences could be beyond his own responsibilities. Then, he may have seen his threads being closed as an injustice.

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:37 am

Well, considering I only closed the one thread, and it was little more than Jason being insulted for not conceding a single point, and that whenever it was resurrected, nothing but flames and headaches would ensue, I felt it was best to close it.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am

Mr. Oragahn wrote:Jasonb is a honest debater. It might be possible that the reason he doesn't manage to type proper sentences could be beyond his own responsibilities. Then, he may have seen his threads being closed as an injustice.
Honest?
In order to show that in "Yesterday's Enterprize", the Federation wasn't losing, he uses bad arguments from the current timeline...
As even when that is pointed out, he still uses them...
How is that honest?

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Praeothmin wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote:Jasonb is a honest debater. It might be possible that the reason he doesn't manage to type proper sentences could be beyond his own responsibilities. Then, he may have seen his threads being closed as an injustice.
Honest?
In order to show that in "Yesterday's Enterprize", the Federation wasn't losing, he uses bad arguments from the current timeline...
As even when that is pointed out, he still uses them...
How is that honest?
I think he may experience cognitive problems. As he misses the sense of some sentences he reads, he finds himself arguing in ways he didn't think to be erroneous. He probably tries his best to make himself understood, but not always obtains.
Then, as his detractors and opponents soon know about his odd habits of somehow disastrous typing, they however fail, or don't want to recognize this issue and prefer to act like if jasonb was like you and me. THAT is dishonest and shameful.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 am

Well, I tried to keep my arguments very simple, like "Picard said they were losing" and repeated them many times, and everytime he used events from the main TNG timeline to try to refute it...

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Praeothmin wrote:Well, I tried to keep my arguments very simple, like "Picard said they were losing" and repeated them many times, and everytime he used events from the main TNG timeline to try to refute it...
This must a problem of language. Notice that he launched a debate about the prime timeline and the alternative one.