SWST Trolling

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

SWST Trolling

Post by Admiral Breetai » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:26 am

SWST you just openly insult and flame the board while dishonestly ignoring the fact that we have all destroyed your arguments before, that we don't say Trek wins because we like it we say it wins because you have consistently failed to prove other wise.

so you return commit a bannable offense and lie smoar

okay cool: fuck Chee and his canon policy he's not Lucas and Lucas own statements are superior evidence: Picard and DS have proven multiple times he considers the EU separate.But if you want your silly little bait thread to be indulged, and it is a bait thread you are blatantly and utterly guilty of trolling and baiting here.

with six months? 25,000 Dominion ships swarm alliance turf virus bomb and bombard the fuck out of everything and kamikaze shipyards and other such things. While the alliance is dealing with it's own idiocy incompetence and catastrophic loss of life and epidemics The Dominion sends another fleet.

or you know if you want me to answer in your language: OMG GAIZ LIAAK TOTALLY GT CANON UR AMTOSPHERES WRAPPP STURFING!! FTW ST HAXOR PWN JOO NUUB

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: Challenge: Invade the Star Wars galaxy

Post by mojo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 am

who cares? even if you win, you lose, because he'll wind up saying things like 'just because you believe that doesn't make it true', when what he means is 'because your point disagrees with mine, i choose to reject it outright'. anyone who gets dragged into this again is an idiot.

Praeothmin
Jedi Master

Post by Praeothmin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 pm

What sonofccn said...

And Obvious Troll is Obvious... :)

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:51 pm

Breetai, I recall earlier, in one of the threads in which you were the OP, in which you complained to me about contesting one of your thread parameters banning the EU on the grounds that it was your thread, and therefore your rules. Please do not apply a double standard. I also ask you to PM me over any complaints over the OP, not openly flame me over it.

Now, care to actually debate the topic?

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 pm

know what's really awesome? SWST is again guilty of lying that's three times in this thread, three warnings Mike could have issued to ban him yet he has not for some reason.

any ways SWSt is being cowardly again refusing to answer posts brought towards him. but onto the lying: Wolf 359 you know is not indicative of the Federations war time capability you know this, you know this because ds9 shows battles where dozens to hundreds of ships are lost per battle yet they keep on tugging. you claiming they can't hurl 1,200 ships at the GFFA easily is dishonesty on your part.

Guilty!!! GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY..

StarWarsStarTrek
Starship Captain

Post by StarWarsStarTrek » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:02 am

Breetai:

If you really want me to respond to you, you have to show evidence that you're going to welcome a logical, civil debate. In order for that to happen:

1. Stop including an insult directed at me, a call for me to be banned, accusations of me "trolling" or "lying" in every single paragraph. It's not productive and does not make you look tough. At least Mike Wong is amazing at rhetorical speech and sounds cool when he does it, especially since he intertwines it with actually arguments and substance. Even darkstar is decent at this. You are not.

2. I'm no grammar nazi, but your prose should at least be legible.

3. Provide evidence to support your claims. Like, for example, your claim that 100 Federation vessels could blow the Death Star into smithereens. You pull this out of nowhere and provide not the slightest evidence to support it. Indeed, even if the Death Star were completely unshielded and made out of glass (while somehow not collapsing), 100 starships would be unlikely to destroy it. You don't understand how massive the battle station is.

4. When I rebute your comment or demand for additional evidence, do not reply with anything similar to:

"I already did"
"ROFLAMO troll."
"Why should I?"
"Find it yourself."
"It's obvious."
"Bullshit."
"That's just fan-wank."
(all of these are common in that they are either logical fallacies or lack any supporting evidence to back them up)

Which is what you always do. I'm not talking about you being someone that dodges around the point or makes stupid rebuttals. You are the only person in this board that literally refuses to give evidence when asked to straight up. And don't counter by claiming that I "Ignore stuff", I'm not talking about missing a few posts or not responding to everything. You literally respond to my post, but then reply to essentially every point I make, request I make or piece of evidence I make with something similar to one of the phrases above. You have literally refused to give evidence. You don't even pretend to have any; you'd reply by saying something akin to "LOL" or "you're trolling "(apparently, asking for evidence is 'trolling').

Please, instead of responding to this with a self-righteous defense of your dignity and an attack on my honesty and accusations of "trolling", actually make a decently formatted list of all of the points related to this thread you want me to address. You will prove far more and make me look bad more easily than ironically refusing to do so. All of my requests are what is basic etiquette for any reasonable debate, and should not arouse controversies.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:16 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Breetai:

If you really want me to respond to you, you have to show evidence that you're going to welcome a logical, civil debate. In order for that to happen:
but you don't do this and you've committed a bannable offense and I have explained why it's a lie..you have not responded
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:1. Stop including an insult directed at me, a call for me to be banned, accusations of me "trolling" or "lying" in every single paragraph. It's not productive and does not make you look tough. At least Mike Wong is amazing at rhetorical speech and sounds cool when he does it, especially since he intertwines it with actually arguments and substance. Even darkstar is decent at this. You are not.
I'll do what I please within the rules as for me being tough no I don't need to prove anything my record stands for itself here and everywhere else
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:]2. I'm no grammar nazi, but your prose should at least be legible.
sorry bub but yer the only one who has this problem
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:3. Provide evidence to support your claims. Like, for example, your claim that 100 Federation vessels could blow the Death Star into smithereens.
oh but I have many times you just ignore it. as for the 100 figure a single federation vessel can sterilize a planet during the Dominion war era and the year or so building up to it, it get;s to where single Q torps can cause a shockwave seen for hundreds and hundreds of miles around a planet.
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:4. When I rebute your comment or demand for additional evidence, do not reply with anything similar to:

"I already did"
"ROFLAMO troll."
"Why should I?"
"Find it yourself."
"It's obvious."
"Bullshit."
"That's just fan-wank."
(all of these are common in that they are either logical fallacies or lack any supporting evidence to back them up)
when you make a stupid post I'm going to laugh at. you will not be treated gently by me I will be as harsh as I have to with you to force you to either change or run from this forum. as for saying things like 'bullshit" that is not a fallacy that is my right to call you out on lying..you have fanwanked I am not guilty of posting a fallacy.

you want me to be nice? Leave..or grow up
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Which is what you always do. I'm not talking about you being someone that dodges around the point or makes stupid rebuttals. You are the only person in this board that literally refuses to give evidence when asked to straight up. And don't counter by claiming that I "Ignore stuff", I'm not talking about missing a few posts or not responding to everything. You literally respond to my post, but then reply to essentially every point I make, request I make or piece of evidence I make with something similar to one of the phrases above.
that's an outright lie I have no problems giving evidence I have many times responded to requests for evidence..from every one from mister O too mike Di Censo. What I haven't done is acknowledge your demands for evidence I will continue to do so as long as you lie and troll this forum; You want me to provide evidence when you directly request it? Be honest and you be treated honestly. You dodge refuse to point out evidence and continue to do so

you hide behind JMS obsession with gentleness knowing full well that as long as he chooses to sacrifice the quality of the argument for faux civility you will be safe: this is cowardly detestable conduct and I will not honor any requests you make so long as you continue to indulge in it
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:Please, instead of responding to this with a self-righteous defense of your dignity and an attack on my honesty and accusations of "trolling", actually make a decently formatted list of all of the points related to this thread you want me to address. You will prove far more and make me look bad more easily than ironically refusing to do so. All of my requests are what is basic etiquette for any reasonable debate, and should not arouse controversies.
first of all; get off your high horse you have no right to preach down to me you liar: secondly I did actually provide points and make comments..you have ignored them..you saying that I have not done this only proves you're either lying or do not know how to read.

Now answer me this; Why are you lying about millions of ships? Why are you lying about trillions and quadrillions? when this is not supported by TCW or movies? why are you lying about it taking decades to reach alliance HQ when every one from kirk to Jean luc have traveled to other galaxies when needed?

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
mojo wrote:just out of curiosity, what is the great advantage of having 20 death stars surrounding coruscant? i mean, if you can actually manage to hit something with the slow-ass superlasers, the stupid things won't even be able to penetrate the federation ships' navigational shields.
So you're going to go down the "teh lazers stopped by navigational shields!!!!" path now?
aren't you worried about the possibility that you might have 20 planet-busting superlasers rebound off navigational shields and hit coruscant all at once?
No, but you should be worried about turbolasers ripping quite easily through navigational shields and vaporizing starships.
see how fucking irritating that is, when people bring up points that have been debunked time and again? you're a jackass.
Says the person who brings up one of the most repeatedly debunked points in the entire history of the debate, looked down upon even by the Trek side. The statement quite literally contains a plethora of logical fallacies to the point in which you could use it as an example in a Logic Class at school to try and figure out all of them out as a classroom discussion.

Of course, I am aware of the slight possibility that you are actually cleverly using sarcasm to try and support your point (which, too, contains a small plethora of fallacies, such as Appeal to Popularity and Tradition)...but I doubt it.
you.. thought i was serious? but, i mean, i pointed it out right there. thanks for calling me clever, but i thought it was so obvious and blunt that it was barely worth using.
seriously? really? i put HOURS into my responses in the fsm thread and you ignored most of the things i said. i was clever THERE. this was shit. is it possible that my points actually went over your head? and i thought you were just being obtuse when you did things like argue that the definitions of words taken straight from the dictionary were inferior to your own interpretations. my apologies for calling you a jackass. you're just really slow!

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:57 am

that was awesome...seriously I have never seen a debater torpedo himself as badly as SWSt did just now against mojo oh lord lol.

by the way we're all still awaiting rebuttals in the FSM thread myself included. Same for this one really

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 am

oh well looks like we're ignored again...I still see no proof of trillions of ships I see wookiepeedia being presented for evidence of trillions of droids but that is contradicted both by the movies and TCW so you know SWSt that it's not valid. I also see a fourth bannable offense being committed as more lying and running from posts.

Lastly in the episode where O'brien was being macked on by a Cardassian scientist the Defiant destroyed a large commit that was roughly the size of a very small moon. This has never happened in any star wars movies what so ever nor has it happened in TCW cgi or the cartoon version..meaning under Lelands own made up nonsensical canon policy..the ICS is no longer valid any uses of more than a hundred megs is dishonesty on SWSt's part and thus a fifth bannable offense.

you staffers have a job to do don't you?

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 am

Easy there, Breetai. I don't know about Praeo, but I am keeping an eye on this. I had hoped that SWST would change his ways, but I don't see that happening.

Since SWST changed the OP to remove the inflammatory opening paragraph, I'll give him one last chance: start acknowledging Star Trek feats equal or greater than anything in Star Wars when the evidence is presented by the opposing debater. In this case Sonofcnn. I also recommend that SWST start following his own OP rules, not when it suits him. For one thing, it was well established in three VOY episodes ("Year of Hell", "Hope and Fear", and "Q2") that navigational data improvements lead to many years being shaved off the trip home, or at least the potential for it. We've gone over this before, so it's not like this is new knowledge for you, SWST. It's especially important since SWST's OP removes all restrictions from warp drive. This means speeds in the high thousands to tens of thousand c will be possible on average, and millions of c will be possible for the best Federation starships, like the Intrepid, Sovereigns, Nebulas, Galaxy-class, etc.

To do otherwise is dishonesty. Likewise, since SWST removed hyperdrive's restrictions, I think it sets a good example for all to acknowledge that as well, and we do have TCW canon that shows that travel across thousands of LYs in reasonable timeframes.
-Mike

Khas
Starship Captain

Post by Khas » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 am

Bad Mr. O! Stop giving the troll ammo!

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:12 am

Praeothmin wrote:sonofccn, these are all numbers SWST is aware of, as they have been given to him on numerous occasions in previous posts...
I think Praeo, as forum mods, we need to consider that SWST is acting in a manner inconsistent with the board rules, and as such he either needs to be issued an official warning or given a ban.
-Mike

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 am

Praeothmin wrote:SWST, be careful what you wish for…
In conclusion, SWST, you are a lying Troll who posted this latest thread with the intention to Troll, as evidenced by your opening statement which was then taken out, and by the fact you again rehash all the old bullshit arguments and pretend never to have been made aware of the rebuttals because of, as you said, “a damaged computer”
What? huh... err... trololollol!

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:48 am

hey SWST, let me save you a little trouble this time, what do you say?
ahem--

StarWarsStarTrek:

"explain how you get to tattoine since clearly there's no way in hell that a federation starship will ever happen upon an inhabited world within 50,000,000 years. oh by the way the star wars universe contains 98,345,734,264,887,423,886,432,135,643,234,778,332,123,567,342 citizens strewn across an entirely mapped out and heavily populated galaxy.
NO THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION!"

and

"explain how the shitty and far inferior star trek computers will ever be able to access information in a star wars computer within 4,000 years. also, wasn't it cool when a fucking fighter maintenance droid was able to hack every single computer in sight straight through the entire star wars saga? man, that must have been one seriously kick-ass little astromech! he was surely filled with programming that allowed him to do that stuff and all kinds of extra rare tech to help as well. what? there's no sign whatsoever that that is the case, even in the eu? you idiots, that's ridiculous, of course we can assume that to be the case because otherwise the computers and computer security in the star wars galaxy would be completely, ridiculously inferior, not to mention the fact that a federation crew who had already gained access to star charts would have absolutely no trouble buying itself a couple of astromechs to set on the problem of star wars computers. INSANITY!"