SWST Trolling

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Re: Challenge: Invade the Star Wars galaxy

Post by Admiral Breetai » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:53 pm

sonofccn wrote:@SWST
After looking over your latest post I do not see cause warrented for our discussion to continue. I do not believe anything productive will be accomplished. I thank you for your time and bid you good day.
want me to take up his mantle? I have rarely had the chance to play the warsie side of the debate

mojo
Starship Captain

Re: General Warning Tally for users...

Post by mojo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:45 am

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:More evidence of partiality. My arguments being "bullshit" is not grounds for warnings any more than a president having "bullshit" policies should be grounds for impeachment.
are you SURE you're not a republican?! that sounds like pretty goddamn good grounds for impeachment to me!

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 am

President having bullshit policies should be thrown in prison. But it isn't, beacouse it has immunity, being marionette and such...

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 am

Praeothmin wrote:SWST receives a fourth warning for continuously denying his behavior, even after evidence is presented, and thus this fourth warning merits him a month long ban...
Was he given the opportunity to post his proof regarding his denials etc?.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:SWST receives a fourth warning for continuously denying his behavior, even after evidence is presented, and thus this fourth warning merits him a month long ban...
What? Why should he post proof of his denials? Not only that would be stupid of him, but completely ruin his trolling job here.

Mr. Oragahn
Admiral

Post by Mr. Oragahn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 pm

StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Praeothmin wrote:Just my two cents, for fun:

I will warn AND BAN anyone who breaks the rules, and I don't guive a rat's ass about their "value" to the board...

I'm not the best moderator, and I do sometimes let my feelings show a bit, but I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with something because I value them more than someone else...
Hey Praeothmin, I would appreciate it if you were to actually bother to address the posts I have made in my defense. Like now, you ignore virtually all of them.
Prove that he ignored anything, with detailed posts, links and all that, or remain quiet.

Kor_Dahar_Master
Starship Captain

Post by Kor_Dahar_Master » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
Kor_Dahar_Master wrote:
What? Why should he post proof of his denials? Not only that would be stupid of him, but completely ruin his trolling job here.
I meant proof he has been treated unjustly or others get away with things he has been punished for like the posts i do in the SB thread.

Picard
Starship Captain

Post by Picard » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 pm

You sure he'll do it?

I didn't care about it in my debate with him as I myself often forgot some things... lack of time and long posts... but this is too specific to be simple forgetfullness - and he doesn't exchange 30 000 - 50 000 - character posts with anyone now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 pm

jesus christ, praeo! did you dunk your nuts in miracle grow? i am so impressed right now. >:)

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:38 am

I am lifting the ban on SWST, because after spending entirely too long looking for documentation, I found only two separate incidents of moderators warning SWST for the same behavior (within the reasonable time-frames associated with our enforcement policy and SWST's activity periods), and do not agree with what appears to me in the documentation I've been able to dig up to be three simultaneous warnings for a non-emergency offense in the first place. I had a surprisingly hard time finding the warnings that were issued in the first place.

The multiple warning system leading up to a ban is intended to be instructional in nature, to allow users the opportunity to learn from mistakes; and in this particular case I do not agree with the urgency implied in issuing a triple-warning to SWST.

I intend to subsequently review this case in more detail, as evaluating the validity of the warnings in and of themselves along with SWST's behavior is something that will require no small investment of my time to do correctly, and my patience is a bit limited at the moment after the amount of time I just spent working on SFJN-related tasks, so I will be taking a few deep breaths and reviewing the case tomorrow. I would appreciate a concise summary of what happened when.

Admiral Breetai
Starship Captain

Post by Admiral Breetai » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 am

THIS IS BULLSHIT *clap,clap,clap* THIS IS BULLSHIT *clap,clap,clap*THIS IS BULLSHIT

BUUULLLSSSHHIT..BULLLLSSSHHITT..BUUUULLSHIT..BBUULLLLSSSHIIIT

mojo
Starship Captain

Post by mojo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 am

ten years ago i was a reg in a certain yahoo chat room. there were 50+ other regs, so there was always someone to talk to at any time of day or night. anyway, there were ten or so regs, including myself, who hung around mainly to troll the others, but with a total lack of true malevolent intent. as irritating as we were, there was never a time when someone thought we were doing anything except entertaining ourselves. one of us, laisulong, was an absolute god among trolls. this guy could be explaining how he was going to go and 'split your mother in half with my massive cock. seriously, the next time you see her she'll be completely divided into two pieces. and hey, while i'm at it, you want to explain to me why she kept screaming your name the last time? jesus..' and you find yourself laughing as hard as anyone else. we called him a 'magnificent bastard' and i've spent years trying and failing to mold myself in that image. i actually idolized him, and still do to some extent.
on the other side of the spectrum there was a troll by the name of 'colonel banastre tarleton' who was at least 50 times as frustrating as swst on his best day. he would spend hours trying to get a rise out of us by roping us into debates and then arguing some idiotic position like 'prove that my pants aren't made of pudding' until someone snapped. he would drive me to the fucking brink of madness by insisting over and over that the usa had failed as a country and calling for me to renounce my citizenship and move to england, and demanding that i have my webcam turned on at all times so that i could stand up and salute him whenever he came in, and trying to convince the entire room that my wife had a [PROFANITY WARNING] 'cunt full of maggots' [/PROFANITY WARNING] and things like that.
believe it or not i have a point, and here it is- after the goddamn colonel had made my life a living hell for TWO YEARS, filling me with such rage that i would 'promise you that IF I EVER FUCKING FIND YOU I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FUCKING BRAIN UNTIL YOU DIE FROM IT YOU FUCKING BRITISH PIECE OF FUCKING BALD PIN COCK,' laisulong finally confessed that 'colonel banastre tarleton' was a sockpuppet he had created after watching me take offense to some jackass bashing the usa with great amusement. they seemed so different that i would never in a million years have figured it out on my own, and without doubt it was the greatest piece of trolling i've ever seen before or since. to this day i find myself getting angry when i think of that fucking colonel. laisulong raised the bar so high that noone's come close to touching it-- until JMS?!
just roll that around in your head a little bit. as insane as it sounds, every baffling decision he has made in regards to swst makes perfect sense if.. JMS IS SWST, AND HE IS THE GREATEST TROLL IN HISTORY! i salute you, sir!
NOW PLEASE STOP BEFORE YOU KILL ORAGAHN AND BREETAI. i don't think their hearts can handle the strain of another day in his company.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Admiral Breetai wrote:THIS IS BULLSHIT
Breetai? Cool it.

I realize my decision above is unpopular, because SWST is unpopular.

Let me lay two things out for you here.

First, I have not overturned every ban of SWST. He's had a 1-day ban, a 2-day ban, a 4-day ban, a week-long ban, and a two-week ban, if I'm not greatly mistaken - his last ban was two weeks, and policy is pretty direct. That's a whopping five bans that haven't been overturned.

Second, bans are fragile. In most cases, a ban is issued on reaching the minimum number of warnings to reach a ban, and that means that if any single warning was not warranted, the ban may be overturned. If the case for a ban is shaky, I will overturn it, and overturning a ban is a very dramatic affair that gets attention.

It's actually surprising that more bans haven't been overturned, if you think about it.

Now; onto reviewing the case.

My reasons for overturning this ban are mainly procedural in nature. Praeothmin decided to issue three warnings all at once. He was exercising his discretion to do so; and I have decided to overrule his use of what is essentially an emergency power (issuing multiple warnings at once) as unwarranted; there was no emergency and nothing spectacular going on.

Upon carrying out the necessary review, I have decided to uphold Praeothmin's first warning (the "triple warning" post) as one warning, but not its severity as three distinct warnings. I have decided to overrule wholly Praeothmin's other warning to SWST for defending himself in discussion about Praeothmin's previous warning. This is not SDN, and trying to defend yourself against the moderators' actions isn't ban-worthy. I would appreciate it, however, if it was kept in this forum section.

I am also exercising my discretion per procedure - that of choosing to add warnings during review for behavior not previously issued formal sanction for - to formalize the informal warnings offered by Mike DiCenso offered early in the "Challenge" thread as an official warning that SWST should have taken note of. SWST stands at two warnings, and therefore has two warnings yet to earn in order to receive his month-long ban.

If there is something that I'm missing, please do let me know.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Mr. Oragahn wrote:
StarWarsStarTrek wrote:
Mr. Oragahn wrote: There's quite a problem here. Interchangeably, we either think the CW has one major battle a week, when the vast majority of the whole war looks like "brush fires" (as really enforced by Traviss), or we have the one where several high profile conflicts seem to happen more or less all at once, and stretch resources.
Add to both of them the possibility that both the CIS and the Republic nullify each other in terms of numbers, forcing each other into constant tiring patrols, therefore only allowing both sides to mobilize limited numbers of ships for certain special operations.
Several problems, Mr. O, and I apologize for the double post:

1. How do you rationalize why starfleet only had two starships ready to counter a Romulan advance on a Federation outpost? Or why their response to a presumed hostile incursion of twenty warbirds on the Neutral zone is to muster a mere fifteen starships?
Are Romulans part of Star Wars now? Because I'm pretty sure I never spoke of anything Trek related in my post.
As always (and I can't stress that word enough), you attempt to dodge an issue about something from Star Wars with a question about what you identify as an issue in Trek. And for [infinite instance] time, I don't care about Trek.
SWST, would you mind keeping track of which poster is Mr. Oragahn and therefore does very muchly not appreciate being derailed when he's trying to focus on Star Wars and just Star Wars?

Or, in other words, stop antagonizing him? It's rude to ignore what he's talking about to reply to him with something else altogether.

Thank you.

Mike DiCenso
Security Officer

Post by Mike DiCenso » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm

This is the kind of behavior, among others we are issuing warnings on, JMS, and other posters here are complaining about.
-Mike