Why did my account disappear after I registered it?

For technical issues, problems, bugs, suggestions on improving these forums, discussion of the rules, etc.
Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Why did my account disappear after I registered it?

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:55 am

As of recently, I have taken a hard line against accounts resembling spambot accounts. Accounts matching certain characteristics common to a certain number of spambots are therefore likely to magically vanish a short time after registration.

If you are a human, and you register an account and find it to be deleted, send an e-mail message directly to me. Include the account name, and register using the e-mail address that you sent me mail with, and I will make sure that your account does not magically disappear next time.

My apologies for any inconvenience, although this will probably not affect most human registrants.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 am

As an update, I'm now identifying that the initial purge did hit a several older accounts that were not spambots.

My apologies for the bug-up. Feel free to re-register.

Jedi Master Spock
Site Admin

Re: Why did my account disappear after I registered it?

Post by Jedi Master Spock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:59 am

I've been deleting some apparent spambot accounts in the memberlist, as we've had a recent surge in spambot activity.

If you happen to have been accidentally deleted, reregister; if you are unable to reregister, e-mail me and I'll straighten things out.